Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFL + auto higheam

Hello all.

I've currently owned my insignia Elite (facelift) for over a month and due to my place of work I get alot of time driving at silly o clock in the morning giving me some experience to talk about.

Firstly I do like how the lights bend with the wheel (big kid I know) and how the lights adapt to the road and speed that I'm traveling at. I have always found them a little underwhelming when it came to driving at town speed. Especially coming up to my house were due to speed bumps and being school is a low 15mph.

I did notice that in the vehicle settings there was a option to switch of the AFL and just have the bend and cornering light. Switching it off made my headlights point straight forward like normal headlights and doing that made the road much clearer.

Do many of you leave the AFL on or do you switch it off?

Also do many of you use the high beam assist? I feel it's a great function but each time I turn it on on a unlight stretch of motorway I feel that it doesn't react to traffic coming my way so in a blind panic I'm flicking away at the stalk to them off and in the process flashing the driver. Ha is this a confidence issue with me not trusting the system or one of those things which is great in concept just not practical in real life?

Thank you

Hi,mine's a pre-facelift Elite,when mine are on auto lights it switches the m/beam assist automatically,they do seem to detect oncoming lights quick and dip.Not had any issues.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

AFL + auto higheam

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
      Hello all.

I've currently owned my insignia Elite (facelift) for over a month and due to my place of work I get alot of time driving at silly o clock in the morning giving me some experience to talk about.

Firstly I do like how the lights bend with the wheel (big kid I know) and how the lights adapt to the road and speed that I'm traveling at. I have always found them a little underwhelming when it came to driving at town speed. Especially coming up to my house were due to speed bumps and being school is a low 15mph.

I did notice that in the vehicle settings there was a option to switch of the AFL and just have the bend and cornering light. Switching it off made my headlights point straight forward like normal headlights and doing that made the road much clearer.

Also do many of you use the high beam assist? I feel it's a great function but each time I turn it on on a unlight stretch of motorway I feel that it doesn't react to traffic coming my way so in a blind panic I'm flicking away at the stalk to them off and in the process flashing the driver. Ha is this a confidence issue with me not trusting the system or one of those things which is great in concept just not practical in real life?

Thank you
      I had the afl’s on my old facelift elite and they were fabulous lights, I didn’t know you could switch the function off!!! Only had the car 2 years anyway I can’t see why you would want to they’re great with high beam assist, in 2 years they only got flummoxed 3 times and quickly dipped once flashed at, only small twisty roads were they a bit late dipping otherwise a complete revaluation, by far the best lights I’ve ever had until getting the matrix lights on the new grand sport and even now the first time i used the afl’s blew me away, leave them on and select high beam assist you won’t be disappointed!

Comment

On pre-facelift leaving them on auto lights does all.Switching auto lights off on the main switch or selecting headlights knocks the main beam assist off.
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
          On pre-facelift leaving them on auto lights does all.Switching auto lights off on the main switch or selecting headlights knocks the main beam assist off.
          Lol Howy [emoji38] i never moved them off auto, why move them off auto when they’re great left to do there thing leaving you to drive, simply a brilliant invention! If I hadn’t had the afl’s and realised how good they were I’d have never got there expensive replacements on the gs in the form of the matrix but either system make night or winter driving a dream [emoji846]

Comment

Mine are always on auto never move the switch,but I must make sure it's not seized it's never been moved!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
              Hello all.

Thank you

I noticed that my high beams weren’t reacting to on coming cars and it was getting frustrating. I gave my windscreen a good clean and it seems to help react quicker. I love the afl and tha high beam assist I wouldn’t be without it now

Comment

I gave the lens behind the mirror a clean also.

Comment

Yeah I've had AFL's on a pre-facelift and my current facelift Elite. Absolutely fantastic feature of the car and would not go back to a car with normal headlights now . Vauxhall should have done more marketing on this safety feature and they would have sold way more cars with it, The benefits were never shown in reviews because all the jounalists did their reviews in the daytime. The first time I took my first Elite down a country road at night it the lights just lit up all of the road and the hedges both sides. The high beam assist is another brilliant function and never a problem on mine.
                  Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                    I noticed that my high beams weren’t reacting to on coming cars and it was getting frustrating. I gave my windscreen a good clean and it seems to help react quicker. I love the afl and tha high beam assist I wouldn’t be without it now
                    Camera for them is under the mirror sk yes best keep the glass clean

Comment

I leave mine on auto , I do get the not dipping quickly enough a little more than I would like but my travel to work route is early morning or late night on a back road .
                      The only other bad thing is Reflections from road signs causing the lights to dim just when you want main beam .
                      And to be honest I don’t really see the different beam patterns , but then if the car is doing what it is meant to be doing you probably are not meant to notice the change ? The same as a DPF regen it just does it
                      But saying that the lights are very good .

Comment

Yes, I occasionally find the high beam not dipping fast enough in the UK. It seems to me that they are biased for driving on the left. When driving in Europe they seems to take a great deal of time to react to oncoming vehicles such that I turn off the high beam assist in Europe.

And yes, the reflection from road signs upsetting them is a nuisance.

Comment

You are aware you can change them from RHD to LHD in the settings ��

Comment

Originally posted by Lff64 View Post
                            You are aware you can change them from RHD to LHD in the settings ��
                            Yes, I am aware and when I drive 'over', or as I go, 'under the water' I do change the headlamps (far better than sticking shapes on the headlamps or moving levers inside the headlamps). No problem with the dipped beams, however, it does seem that the extinguishing of the main beams is biased to driving on the left and not the right - wonder if this is something to do with slightly different positioning of the sensor to detect oncoming traffic

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                              Yes, I am aware and when I drive 'over', or as I go, 'under the water' I do change the headlamps (far better than sticking shapes on the headlamps or moving levers inside the headlamps). No problem with the dipped beams, however, it does seem that the extinguishing of the main beams is biased to driving on the left and not the right - wonder if this is something to do with slightly different positioning of the sensor to detect oncoming traffic
                              I never had a problem left or right, only occasionally on small twisty country roads did they react a little slow because the camera didn’t see the headlights straight on, plus the motors had to work to swivel the lights too but really I couldn’t fault them. I think in that respect you can tell the matrix LED lights are newer tech, more modern and powerful processing, next gen AI to pick out other vehicles, LEDs themselves react quicker and are more intelligently mould around other vehicles etc...but really I couldn’t fault the Afls on my old elite, in my opinion the afl’s were one of the, if not the most impressive features on the insignia A and facelift model range.

Comment

Working...
                              X