No announcement yet.

New Grand Sport Tourer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driven back from a week in Scarborough, robin hoods bay, Whitby today and passed 1000 miles in the new car in the process. In that time it’s been a good test of short town journeys, a few mid range journeys and this longer trip whilst fully loaded up and I’m mightily impressed with it. The 1.5 engine is a cracker and fully laden it doesn’t struggle at all. Heading back today it handled coming up staxton hill no issues which is steep enough that downhill it has a gravel trap at the bottom, enough go to overtake a truck and then cruised along the motorway at 75. Needs a clean now mind you!

Comment

• I was chatting with Neal the other day at RV about how surprisingly powerful the 1.5 engine is. It really does need to be driven to believe it. If they're long lasting without being troublesome then VX have hit the bullseye with it.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Before I test drove one I couldn’t believe such a big car with such a small engine was useable. Test drive made me realise it was possible but you still aren’t completely convinced until you do some real world stuff and after a month and 1000 miles I’m convinced. As you now just long term questions to be answered.

Computer reckons I did about 36mpg over the course of this trip which was the long journeys there and back then loads of knocking about. Be interesting to see how this changes over time. On the eco thing on the dic some of the longer journeys with plenty of motorway have been mid 40s I think although not checked that closely all the time.

I’m enjoying being inside the car as well. Comfy seats, CarPlay works well and got to use the heated front screen the other day which worked quickly and was handy seeing as I’d forgotten to put the scraper in yet!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bransoj View Post
          Before I test drove one I couldn’t believe such a big car with such a small engine was useable. Test drive made me realise it was possible but you still aren’t completely convinced until you do some real world stuff and after a month and 1000 miles I’m convinced. As you now just long term questions to be answered.

Computer reckons I did about 36mpg over the course of this trip which was the long journeys there and back then loads of knocking about. Be interesting to see how this changes over time. On the eco thing on the dic some of the longer journeys with plenty of motorway have been mid 40s I think although not checked that closely all the time.

I’m enjoying being inside the car as well. Comfy seats, CarPlay works well and got to use the heated front screen the other day which worked quickly and was handy seeing as I’d forgotten to put the scraper in yet!!
          I can’t praise the car enough and the engine is the biggest bonus and now my engine has loosened up (4600 miles) the fuel economy is improving too, really couldn’t be happier after 4.5 months of the gs [emoji106]

Comment

• Forgot to mention that when we were travelling on the m18 on the way back from Scarborough last week I saw my old ST on the back of a transporter heading somewhere...well not actually heading anywhere at that precise moment as the transporter was broken down on the hard shoulder!!

That’s two of my old cars we’ve seen recently as my wife saw my old Focus ST170 on the a38 near alfreton w few weeks ago...now boy racer’d with a big fart can exhaust and sticker in the reset window.

Comment

• Continue to be impressed by this 1.5 turbo engine...currently toddling along through France completely loaded up and it’s not struggling for power at all and happy sat at 70/75 all day. Did Lille to Nancy yesterday that involved going from France into Belgium, skirted round Luxembourg City then back into France and had to fill up half way down Belgium which was first fuel stop since I filled up before leaving from Chesterfield. I think the only reason I’m not getting a similar range to my old elite 160 ST is the 20 litre difference in tank size. Think it was about 430/440 miles I got before filling up and it wasn’t in red as yet. Apple maps via car play working a treat as well, driving in convoy with the in laws and their in car sat nav in their Golf couldn’t get them to the hotel in Lille insisting they should go via the main square you couldn’t drive across whilst Apple maps got me straight there and yesterday was spot on regarding hold ups and also told me about a broken down caravan I should be careful of!!

Comment

• I hope you're getting some nice photos preferably with the car in them.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Unfortunately not partly because I’m on my own with sprog and dog bar the in laws for a bit of assistance so driving so far has been based round the little one napping. We’ve been doing 2 hour chunks.

Also because the car is a mess having not be cleaned for a while and the other half was out in it the other week and leaving a service station with two exits either side of the building with no markings or signs for right of way when a Range Rover Evoque cane out the front one right in front of her. My drivers front corner hit his back door and it’s with insurance currently. His are trying to blame us, I’ve said we’re not taking full responsibility so the insurance companies are arguing it out. Couldn’t get it fixed before coming away so booked in day after we get back. Perfectly drives me just scuffed up.

Comment

• Yep, I like the 1.5T 165 engine in my Grand Sport a lot too. One helluva change coming from a remapped 1.9 Vectra diesel with 192 bhp and 340 lb/ft of torque, but now that I've learnt how to get the best out of it, I am well impressed, and it is a beautiful car to drive. There's a guy on Vectra C.com who works for Vauxhall who got to try out a few 1.5T's, and his advice was 'forget the 1.5T 140, it's gutless, but the 165 does go a bit'.

Comment

• Originally posted by bransoj View Post
                      the other half was out in it the other week and leaving a service station with two exits either side of the building with no markings or signs for right of way when a Range Rover Evoque cane out the front one right in front of her. My drivers front corner hit his back door and it’s with insurance currently. His are trying to blame us, I’ve said we’re not taking full responsibility so the insurance companies are arguing it out. Couldn’t get it fixed before coming away so booked in day after we get back. Perfectly drives me just scuffed up.
                      Oh no...Is it just the bumper?

Comment

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                        Oh no...Is it just the bumper?
                        Pretty much all bumper and the headlight cracked a bit. Could have been worse. This is a photo my wife took at the time, a lot of the marks wiped off so doesn’t look this bad now and to be honest being in France it just fits in with most of the cars round here!!

Comment

• Ouch! Good job that's not a matrix light. That would cost the insurer. Is that gonna be a new bumper?

Comment

• Assessor guy at the repairers mentioned bumper, headlight and the black trim for the bumper I think it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                              I hope you're getting some nice photos preferably with the car in them.
                              Here you go, quick one I’ve taken whilst out a short while ago...a dirty white estate with child blind on one window and damaged corner hidden....but the backdrop is pretty good!! 😉

Comment

• Although actually the backdrop on this one is probably better and the damaged front corner is well out of shot!!

Comment

Working...
                                X