Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Switched 12v "wakeup" line for subwoofer amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switched 12v "wakeup" line for subwoofer amp?

Does anyone know the best place to pick up a 12v wake up (I think this is sometimes called "remote") power feed that I can use to power up my sub amp when the ignition is on, and power it off when the ignition is off?

To be clear: The main power for the sub amp will come on thick fused wire straight from the battery, i.e. permanent 12V.

I'm looking for something very low current just to pull the wake-up pin on the subwoofer amp to "high" 12V.

The sub amp will be in the estate boot, but if there's nothing at the back of the car I can pick it up from behind the dash and run a wire through...

Fuse 6 or 7 in the glovebox Fuse box
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by asktoby View Post
      Does anyone know the best place to pick up a 12v wake up (I think this is sometimes called "remote") power feed that I can use to power up my sub amp when the ignition is on, and power it off when the ignition is off?

To be clear: The main power for the sub amp will come on thick fused wire straight from the battery, i.e. permanent 12V.

I'm looking for something very low current just to pull the wake-up pin on the subwoofer amp to "high" 12V.

The sub amp will be in the estate boot, but if there's nothing at the back of the car I can pick it up from behind the dash and run a wire through...

How did you get your singal from the radio unit to the amp? How did you tap in?

Comment

You can tap into the rear speaker wires behind the headunit,using a RCA convertor
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
        X