Reset "Service Soon" Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reset "Service Soon" Warning

Hi all, I've just bought a 2013 Insignia Sports Tourer 2.0 CDTi ecoFLEX SRi. It is displaying the "Service Soon" warning. However it was serviced (interim) on 21/3/18 and 250 miles ago. The dealer, TrustFord, said it looked like the garage who serviced it didn't know how to or didn't have the tools to reset the message. It's a bit of an irritant every time I turn the engine on. Do I need OPCOM and an ODB2 to reset the message myself? I did have one for my Vectra B 7 years ago but I guess the software and probably the device too are way out of date, even if I can find them (I've moved house twice since last used).

Has anyone experience of https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/V1-95-OPE...8/282957839685 and would that do the job?

Has anyone tried one of the bluetooth or Wifi ODB2 adapters and an Android app such as Torque Pro and what are your experiences with those combinations?

Oh, and where is the ODB2 interface on the Insignia (it was under the handbrake on the Vectra B and under the ash tray on the Vectra C!)?

Cheers,
    Jrisch

Mine just resets with the steering wheel controls. [emoji848]

Comment

Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post
      Mine just resets with the steering wheel controls. [emoji848]
      That'd be good, can you point me to how it's done? The 300-page manual is pretty incomprehensible and I haven't found that so far. Obviously I just click the central button on the RH side to remove it temporarily but it'll be back when I next start the car.

Comment

Service soon also appears if there's a fault.

Otherwise see page 88 of the 2012/13 manual.

Manuals available to download here:
        We have a range of Vauxhall owner’s manuals for everything you need to know about your Vauxhall. Browse for your Vauxhall model and download the owner’s manual as a PDF.

Comment

How to easily reset the service light message on a Vauxhall insignia

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
            Service soon also appears if there's a fault.

Otherwise see page 88 of the 2012/13 manual.

Manuals available to download here:
            https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/owners/ow.../insignia.html
            Thanks 2000rpm. I don't have any other fault indication. Just to clarify, the dialog in the info area has a header of SERVICE, then VEHICLE SOON, followed by a boxed DISMISS. Clicking the tick button in the centre of cluster on the right hand side of the steering wheel dismisses the dialog until next time I start the engine. The surrounding buttons have no effect.

Thanks for the link to the manuals, I downloaded both the August 2012 (MY 2013) which is the one I think you refer to and the January 2014 (MY 2014.5). The printed manual that came with the car is August 2013 which is closer to the Jan2014 downloaded one. The part about vehicle messages is on page 115 of mine. Page 88 on the August 2012 refers to clearing the Oil message warning, not the message I'm getting.

So I'm still no wiser.

Comment

Thanks for the YouTube link, Jordaninsignia14, but it refers to resetting the oil warning message by the keypad. Unfortunately, with the message I'm getting I don't get a RESET option, as noted above the outside buttons on the keypad don't do anything on this message.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrisch View Post
                Thanks 2000rpm. I don't have any other fault indication. Just to clarify, the dialog in the info area has a header of SERVICE, then VEHICLE SOON, followed by a boxed DISMISS. Clicking the tick button in the centre of cluster on the right hand side of the steering wheel dismisses the dialog until next time I start the engine. The surrounding buttons have no effect.

Thanks for the link to the manuals, I downloaded both the August 2012 (MY 2013) which is the one I think you refer to and the January 2014 (MY 2014.5). The printed manual that came with the car is August 2013 which is closer to the Jan2014 downloaded one. The part about vehicle messages is on page 115 of mine. Page 88 on the August 2012 refers to clearing the Oil message warning, not the message I'm getting.

So I'm still no wiser.
                Are you able to see the oil life %?
                If it's not really low oil life (which most likely will say 'change oil soon') then your car is trying to tell you that there is a fault which needs attention.

The car might be driveable - for now - but the fault will only get worse if you don't get it diagnosed or put a code reader on it.

A lot of Vauxhalls now often don't give a code on the dash nor does the dash say what's wrong; they just say 'service vehicle soon'.

Comment

Oil is at 99%. I'll take it into the dealer and see what they say. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrisch View Post
                    Oil is at 99%. I'll take it into the dealer and see what they say. Thanks for all your help.
                    I am in the same boat with the Service Soon Message on the Insignia when it was serviced just 3 months back. Oil too is 75%.
                    Jrisch were you able to deal with the issue? Can you please share what worked for you.

Comment

Originally posted by grover View Post
                      I am in the same boat with the Service Soon Message on the Insignia when it was serviced just 3 months back. Oil too is 75%.
                      Jrisch were you able to deal with the issue? Can you please share what worked for you.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	svs.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	242575

If you're getting that message above there is a fault and it needs the codes read to see what the issue is. It doesn't mean the car needs a service in the normal sense (Oil change, filters etc)

Comment

Originally posted by leearnold89 View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]236[/ATTACH]

If you're getting that message above there is a fault and it needs the codes read to see what the issue is. It doesn't mean the car needs a service in the normal sense (Oil change, filters etc)
                        Thanks Lee. I am new to car ownership and this is a 2013 Insignia that I just bought. Does it makes sense for me to purchase a Vauxhall diagnostics tool (any advise will be helpful - OPCOM vs OBD2) or reluctantly take it to Vauxhall?

Comment

Originally posted by grover View Post
                          As Lee says the message simply means there's a fault. I took mine into the local Vauxhall dealer to have diagnostics run. They actually said there were too many old codes there so cleared them, the issue came back the next day and the dealer has now identified it as a failing glow plug which I'm trying to get dealership I bought the car from to pay for as they warrantied the car for 3 months.

Comment

Further to my msg, My Vauxhall dealer, FRF Bridgend, didn't charge for running the diagnostics either time, though they did warn me a full diagnostic check would be £99. They want £275 to replace the failing glow plug though and conveniently didn't tell me which one it was.

Be careful where you buy the OPCOM from, I got one on ebay which is clearly bootlegged software with the device and am having great difficulty getting it to work. It's a Windows 10 laptop and it seems that a lot of people have problems with it on W10.

Comment

Thanks for the information, really useful and painful (275!). How did you get them to do the diagnostics for free, it's their excessive diagnostic charge that's making me look for cheaper options elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X