Android Aftermarket 10.4 infotainment systems - Technical Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by snapshot11 View Post
    Cheers i will have a play once i eventually get mine working did you drill a hole in the bumper?
    Yes only a small hole about 6mm. You have to check the camera specs for one without static colour lines and also good resolution and small bolt connection to go through the bumper, the bigger the bolt the bigger hole you need to drill to feed cable through.

Comment

• Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
      No, it’s annoying. It does this in all the apps, not only in the Tom Tom. But I managed somehow that my sound from Spotify keeps playing now when Tom Tom speaks but that is also not a solution because then I cannot hear both of them.

(It doesn’t do it in the stock apps already on the unit but I am not using a single one of them)
      Cheers is a temp solution until they fix the issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mcbane14 View Post
        Yes but I tend to use my phone as my maps are ancient.

I use the usb for my iPhone all the time to listen to Spotify.

Would love DAB and Bluetooth or something that really integrates with the phone.
        No issues for you to try out then. But please read the whole thread if you haven't done so already, as it may have answer your other questions you have in mind.

Comment

• Android Aftermarket 10.4" infotainment systems - Technical Discussion

Originally posted by sriray View Post
          Yes only a small hole about 6mm. You have to check the camera specs for one without static colour lines and also good resolution and small bolt connection to go through the bumper, the bigger the bolt the bigger hole you need to drill to feed cable through.
          Why not using a camera integrated in the license plate light?

Comment

• Originally posted by sriray View Post
            Cheers is a temp solution until they fix the issue.
            What is Cheers?

Comment

Update: installing Viper4Android
              How To: Viper4Android/Autostart on Tesla Style 10.4” inch Head Unit (ROOT) AUDIO APP

Maybe handy to put root link and this link in the first post of this topic? Otherwise they get lost for people in the How to Section?
              Only saying....

Comment

What is Cheers?
                Means Thank you. Lol

Comment

• Thinking of getting this;

Look what I found on AliExpress

Would you rather have a standard replacement android headunit or do you prefer the Tesla after you have tried it?

Comment

• Originally posted by DannyS1982 View Post
                    Thinking of getting this;

Look what I found on AliExpress

Would you rather have a standard replacement android headunit or do you prefer the Tesla after you have tried it?
                    Depending on price. But for those who have the don't have the factory navigation, you can choose between the 7" and the massive 10.4" units.
                    Functionality and interface wise the 7" are better.

Comment

• I have done the update the engineer sent me. It does have mirror link on but it's an older version of the firmware. All the update is reinstall a different image. Is not a fresh install. I also notice there are a few features not available that was on my original fw.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                        I have done the update the engineer sent me. It does have mirror link on but it's an older version of the firmware. All the update is reinstall a different image. Is not a fresh install. I also notice there are a few features not available that was on my original fw.
                        But it is a newer update or an older one?
                        Makes no sense that they removed the software on a newer ROM. Also, what is the actual date now in the build.prop.

Comment

But it is a newer update or an older one?
                          Makes no sense that they removed the software on a newer ROM. Also, what is the actual date now in the build.prop.
                          The update they sent me is older.

Comment

• The image I sent above is from my original fw.

Comment

• crunch81 This is the fw you sent me.

The date on system information matches your build.prop so you can trust the info on that is correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by sriray View Post
                                crunch81 This is the fw you sent me.

The date on system information matches your build.prop so you can trust the info on that is correct.
                                You see they removed the Ram and system info is correct now 4.4.2

Comment

Working...
                                X