How to remove sticky registration pads etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove sticky registration pads etc

So am sure at some point most of you have had the pain of removing the sticky pads left from removing registration plates to put on private reg or even to renew existing.

The pads or remainder of the pads left behind can be a royal pain, and if you have ever removed your rear plate on these you will find a foam pad quite large that is supposed to protect the paint, I had to remove mines as I have a very short private plate.

You can try and try but these will not budge, once you remove the bulk of the foam you are left with an impossible task.

Here is how to remove this or any sticky pad, residue or sticker glue one you have removed the worst of it.

WD40, yeah there are products out there that proclaim to be able to remove these residues but none come even close to the trusty WD40.

Spray the offending residue, leave to sit for 5-10 mins, now take your finger across and it will come off like a knife through butter, simple no hassle no thumbnail scraping or other products, simply slides off. Job done.

Am sure some of you already know this little trick but for those who don't now you know .

It's worth adding don't be stingy by using cheaper alternatives either. They don't come close to WD40 when it comes to breaking down the sticky gum.

Edit: Just noticed you already said that. I couldn't see all the comment on my phone but just seen it on my pc.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
      It's worth adding don't be stingy by using cheaper alternatives either. They don't come close to WD40 when it comes to breaking down the sticky gum.

Edit: Just noticed you already said that. I couldn't see all the comment on my phone but just seen it on my pc.

Or

Looking for a phone that's easy to use for you or your family members ? Doro makes life easier with it's fall alert system and durable phones.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

How very rude...And ageist! The blame should be put on gmail on my phone. It doesn't always show the full message. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Comment

Lol, use some WD40 and rub out yer comment.

Comment

I'm not going to accept your apology straight away...Gonna make you sweat so you can think of your actions and maybe in future you'll think twice about picking on another simpleton.

Comment

Originally posted by VXLINER View Post
                Lol, use some WD40 and rub out yer comment.
                I've tried to erase it but.............
                I'm Scottish.......Im a cheapskate....I'll buy the shite stuff that don't work as good...

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                  I'm not going to accept your apology straight away...Gonna make you sweat so you can think of your actions and maybe in future you'll think twice about picking on another simpleton.

Comment

Maybe use some WD40 to rub away your wrinkles

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                      Maybe use some WD40 to rub away your wrinkles
                      Now......is that directed at me or Mark???

Comment

Thought that was obvious , not seen Mark, your young looking

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

And living in Hull, well that sort of stress is enough for anyone

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                            And living in Hull, well that sort of stress is enough for anyone

If i thought it would work, I'd buy a couple of gallons

I'll buy some next week when I'm in Cleethorpes

Comment

recon am gona like this forum,

Comment

Working...
                              X