rpm problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rpm problem

Hi, been for a longer drive on motorway today when I realized my rpm is not right. Lets say for example if I had a 6th or 5th gear over 2500 rpm than when I pressed the clutch rpm was dropping down slowly sometimes it stopped on 1500 rpm with clutch fully down

Hey.

How many miles are on the car. Possible clutch/gearbox issue maybe?

Comment

Was it just one journey affected or is it now doing it all the time?
      Could it have been holding the revs up to help you make a gearchange?
      Or maybe a DPF regen?

Comment

I think they do that sometimes to aide the gear change

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
          I think they do that sometimes to aide the gear change
          Me too, I noticed that it normally exactly matches the rpms needed for the next gear. I don’t think it’s a problem.

Comment

I've noticed this on all my cars since the early 90's, which have all been fuel injected, not sure if that's a coincidence or not. I've noticed when I dip the clutch while travelling at speed the revs always stay well above idle until I come to a stop then they settle at idle speed. Not thought of it as an issue, just something the designers thought was necessary for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
              Me too, I noticed that it normally exactly matches the rpms needed for the next gear. I don’t think it’s a problem.
              Probably more notable in a diesel to due to it needing the tourque just at the right time to avoid putting to much strain on the engine

Comment

Originally posted by kentishbloke View Post
                I've noticed this on all my cars since the early 90's, which have all been fuel injected, not sure if that's a coincidence or not. I've noticed when I dip the clutch while travelling at speed the revs always stay well above idle until I come to a stop then they settle at idle speed. Not thought of it as an issue, just something the designers thought was necessary for some reason.
                Mine does this until car stops then goes to tick over

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                  Mine does this until car stops then goes to tick over
                  What do you mean tick over

Comment

Idle rev, what the car ticks over at when at rest, out of gear etc.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Should only be higher revs when doing a dpf regen.
                      When your idle your rev counter should be sitting round 1thousand revs of regen in process

Comment

Working...
                      X