£96 for Map Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NeoFuture View Post
    very true I do like to use Spotify, except the Spotify on car play is buggy as hell, so... also apparently I might not be a £96 update but a £156 as I need a USB device to update not a "sim" card (ok we all know its an SD card) as its 2016 iintelilink... bleh, well I think ill run standard maps till I have issues, I, not a traveling sales man and have like 3 places I go mainly so its not so much an issue, ive also noticed text messages do not work with iMessage/iphone even if its a text message, so I probably will need to plug in, the issue I have is I have an iPhone 8 plus so It don't fit anywhere nicely l o l (woah that l o l was huge)
    Check this website for map updates

Order navigation system map updates for leading automotive brands including Citroën, Honda, INFINITI, Jaguar, Land Rover, Nissan, Opel, Peugeot, Renault, and more. Order online easily.
    The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoFuture View Post
      very true I do like to use Spotify, except the Spotify on car play is buggy as hell, so... also apparently I might not be a £96 update but a £156 as I need a USB device to update not a "sim" card (ok we all know its an SD card) as its 2016 iintelilink... bleh, well I think ill run standard maps till I have issues, I, not a traveling sales man and have like 3 places I go mainly so its not so much an issue, ive also noticed text messages do not work with iMessage/iphone even if its a text message, so I probably will need to plug in, the issue I have is I have an iPhone 8 plus so It don't fit anywhere nicely l o l (woah that l o l was huge)
      Have you updated CP? I mean uninstall it then reinstall latest version.

Standard messages work great on the Insignia system or can use AA for them. Can also su Google maps and waze, so no need to update car system, which honestly isn't that bad in my eyes.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

You cant really update CarPlay as such other than updating iOS when updates are available. CarPlay is built into iOS rather than being a separate app. That said i have no issues with it at all on my car.

Quick google suggests loads of folk have issues with Spotify on CarPlay and the general assumption is that its the carplay integration within the Spotify app that is pants more than anything else and needs them to sort it. For what its worth i've used Apple Music for ages and its worked flawlessly, to be expected really, and briefly used Amazon Music which worked fine as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
          You cant really update CarPlay as such other than updating iOS when updates are available. CarPlay is built into iOS rather than being a separate app. That said i have no issues with it at all on my car.
          Learn something new everyday. I refuse to get tied into the Apple egosystem . And the fact the phones cost x4 the price of something that just does the same all be it 0.1 of a second slower .

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by Nicksri View Post
            It's annoying, here maps power the Insignia sat nav, here maps on android is free, updates are free, but it won't work on AA or CP.

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
              Learn something new everyday. I refuse to get tied into the Apple egosystem . And the fact the phones cost x4 the price of something that just does the same all be it 0.1 of a second slower .
              I've had iPhones for a while now, also got an iPad whilst the other half has an iPhone plus another one and an iPad from work. In reality buying outright to start with things like Samsung phones are not all that much cheaper plus resale values sort of wipes out the difference as well. There are the other makers which are cheaper but they still run Android which i just detest and you dont get the operating system updates even for basic security stuff like you do with iPhones etc. Anyhows all thats a separate argument to be had elsewhere.

In terms of CarPlay its part of iOS and apps then have CarPlay compatibility built into the App so they can be displayed on the screen. In the main its audio and navigation apps that its useful for then strangely the Major League Baseball app has it for some reason, i think it must be commentary from games. Last update as part of iOS12 opened it up a bit to other navigation apps so Google Maps and Waze are both now available on CarPlay but to be honest the app makers have made them look bleeding awful so i've stuck with Apple Maps that has done me just fine since i got the car!!

Comment

I can’t get CarPlay to work on mine. Says in iPhone hold button but just pops up voice speech thing [emoji849][emoji52]

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post
                  I can’t get CarPlay to work on mine. Says in iPhone hold button but just pops up voice speech thing [emoji849][emoji52]

You may need to unlock the phone for CarPlay to start up but pressing and holding the home button only fires up Siri, always been the case on iPhones with a home button. I've turned off the CarPlay setting so i can run CarPlay with the phone locked but occasionally it asks me to unlock the phone to start CarPlay. It should then load automatically on the car display or if not the icon on the car screen that said "Projection" will now show "Apple CarPlay" and you just press that to load it.

The only reference i can find to holding a button to start CarPlay is on the Apple support pages where it says "press and hold the voice-command button on your steering wheel" but this is only for vehicles that support Wireless carplay and to initially connect it.

The same page does mention that Siri needs to be on to use CarPlay so have you disabled Siri on your phone?

Comment

Mines an iPhone 8. Go into settings and says hold the CarPlay button. So I do and it just brings up the command please voice in car [emoji52] can’t get it to pair at all

Comment

Steering wheel button with AA, press and hold and it activates OK Google, other wise just a press operates insignia voice. Just a note for other AA users, if your phone is plugged in, AA is auto activated on phone but your head unit is showing something else, just say OK Google and head unit will show AA.

Comment

Mines an iPhone 8. Go into settings and says hold the CarPlay button. So I do and it just brings up the command please voice in car [emoji52] can’t get it to pair at all

That means press the carplay button on the display in the car doesnt it to load CarPlay not press the button on your phone. If you do that then your phone will fire up Siri which if you have Bluetooth connected will do it over the Car speakers.

If you are connecting by cable it should just be a case of plug the phone in to the USB port via the iPhone cable, may need to make sure its not a crappy 3rd party cable, and then if it doesnt load automatically on the car you go into settings on the car and where the "Projection" icon was it will now say "Apple CarPlay".

You will need to have the iPhone on the home screen not the lock screen first time i think but if you go to Settings > General > CarPlay > MyVauxhall (if its the same standard name as my car, if not itll be something similar) on your phone you can change that by turning on "Allow CarPlay While Locked". Within that screen on your phone you can also add\remove icons that you want to show on the CarPlay screen and rearrange them. Some standard Apple apps cant be removed though. This is that screen on my phone :-

If you could do a video of whats happening when you plug the cable into your phone in the car i could probably help with what you need to do.

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
                          That means press the carplay button on the display in the car doesnt it to load CarPlay not press the button on your phone. If you do that then your phone will fire up Siri which if you have Bluetooth connected will do it over the Car speakers.

If you are connecting by cable it should just be a case of plug the phone in to the USB port via the iPhone cable, may need to make sure its not a crappy 3rd party cable, and then if it doesnt load automatically on the car you go into settings on the car and where the "Projection" icon was it will now say "Apple CarPlay".

You will need to have the iPhone on the home screen not the lock screen first time i think but if you go to Settings > General > CarPlay > MyVauxhall (if its the same standard name as my car, if not itll be something similar) on your phone you can change that by turning on "Allow CarPlay While Locked". Within that screen on your phone you can also add\remove icons that you want to show on the CarPlay screen and rearrange them. Some standard Apple apps cant be removed though. This is that screen on my phone :-

If you could do a video of whats happening when you plug the cable into your phone in the car i could probably help with what you need to do.
                          He would need to update his hmi to accommodate CarPlay. No idea if you can use it standalone through BT though

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                            He would need to update his hmi to accommodate CarPlay. No idea if you can use it standalone through BT though
                            As far as i'm aware Wireless CarPlay is completely separate to Bluetooth so dont think that would work. In terms of Vauxhall, and most manufacturers currently, they are only supporting wired CarPlay. Wireless Carplay i believe uses a combination of Bluetooth and Wifi to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                              So mine doesn’t have it CP then Lewis?

Comment

So mine doesn’t have it CP then Lewis?

No, you need hmi 2.5 and 2016 radio. I have told you before :-P

Comment

Working...
                                X