hi all looking for help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi all looking for help

had corsa"s joined the corsa forum great help currently own a astra k joined the astra k forum great help daughter has a 65plate 1.6 cdti insignia looking for help now its out of warranty on self servicing and replacing rear and front pads never done pads on car with electronic handbrake any tips or advice would be great never done a service on a diesel always had petrol cars
    sorry for the long info
    cheers richie

should have read sorry for long intro

Comment

If you post the issue in the relevant section,
      You'll find you'll get a better response.

This is the introduction section....for saying hello etc.

Comment

Hi

Yeah agreed you'll get a far better response in the relevant section. Only a few members tend to pop in here welcoming new members.

All easy answers by the look of your questions though but not by me. I wouldn't know where to start.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Welcome, no idea

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by richie1959 View Post
            had corsa"s joined the corsa forum great help currently own a astra k joined the astra k forum great help daughter has a 65plate 1.6 cdti insignia looking for help now its out of warranty on self servicing and replacing rear and front pads never done pads on car with electronic handbrake any tips or advice would be great never done a service on a diesel always had petrol cars
            sorry for the long info
            cheers richie
            Changing the pads is just exactly the same with the electronic handbrake as without, the handbrake has to be off to remove the caliper (off as in press the button, not remove the actual mechanism).
            The problems may arise if the pads are well worn, as the caliper piston will have to be wound back in before you can fit the new ones.
            As far as servicing, just the same bar the fuel filter.
            Oil and filter is the same as a petrol vehicle, air filter too (from an installation point of view, not part numbers/grade etc).
            Rear pad video here:
            https://youtu.be/ka1nlUQevMM

Comment

Welcome
              LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

hi lads
                cheers for the welcome will post in other sections just giving an hint in the long intro on some of the info i was looking for
                cheers sparkey for the info going to give it ago hope the wind back tool for the vectra fits ha ha
                richie

Comment

Originally posted by richie1959 View Post
                  hi lads
                  cheers for the welcome will post in other sections just giving an hint in the long intro on some of the info i was looking for
                  cheers sparkey for the info going to give it ago hope the wind back tool for the vectra fits ha ha
                  richie
                  When I got my Sigi, the rear pads were very low, like almost no material left at all, Had a real job winding the piston back in, in fact in the end I took the drivers side rear caliper off completely and had to do it in the vice.
                  I had to apply pressure to the piston whilst slowly turning it back in, would have never been able to do it on the car.
                  Passenger rear went without a problem.
                  Good luck.

Comment

cheers sparky
                    let you know how it goes when i get time to change them still some meat on the pads so have a few weeks grace trying to find the time off work to get them done

Comment

Working...
                    X