Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourer Single Reversing Light.

Thought I would pass this on.

The single reversing light on the early Tourers is about as much use as a candle so I have done an upgrade which really works and I can see clearly behind me when reversing.

I purchased both of these items from Amazon.

Bulbs: HSUN H21W BAY9S LED Bulbs,High Power XB-D Chipsets 4800LM Extremely Bright Bulbs with Canbus Error Free for Indicator, Backup Light and More,2 Pack,60

Easy to fit as its a straight swap with the existing 21w bulb.

OSRAM LEDriving Canbus Control Unit, LEDCBCTRL102, 21w, Avoid error messages in the board computer when using LED Fog Lights, Folding carton box (2 pieces)

Bit fiddly to fit as it is best not to use the enclosed snap connectors.
    I found a convenient position where I could mount the unit between the inner and outer skin, adjacent to the left rear light cluster cable.
    I drilled 2 holes so that I could screw it to metal so as to dissipate any heat.
    I connected the cables by soldering them to the reversing light cables. Beware if you have the Haynes Manual as the wire colour codes don't match the ones in the car (I connected the the stop light first by accident).
    Believe me, it takes a bit of time but its worth it as its great to have a reversing light instead of a candle!

Could you put up pictures please

Comment

Unfortunately, I didn't take any and to get pictures now would mean taking the tailgate apart again and if you have ever had to remove the tailgate trim, you will know what a b....d it is to do especially when half of clips decide to have mind of their own and end up on the ground.

All I can tell you is that when you have removed the trim, just to the side of the light cluster, there is an opening that you can get your hand into to fit the unit so that it is between the skins is not anywhere near the soundproofing foam as the apparently the unit can get quite warm.

I'm afraid that its something that does take some time but the end result really is worth it.

Comment

What do the lights look like when there on

Comment

Very white and very bright. You can see the light behind before it gets tottaly dark.

I'm over the moon with the fact that I can now blow out the candle and I can see what's behind me when reversing.

Comment

Yeah I'm interested I've saw me have to open the boot

Comment

Aren’t reversing lights just to warn others your reversing? Surly having a super bright one isn’t wise as you’ll blind people behind you

Comment

Mines are made even worse with tints
                Windows and lights

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                  Aren’t reversing lights just to warn others your reversing? Surly having a super bright one isn’t wise as you’ll blind people behind you
                  Surely better than reversing into them cause you couldn't see

Comment

Working...
                  X