No announcement yet.

main headlights on facelift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah everyone I’ve spoke to regarding this say they’ll never go back. My brother just bought a 63 gti and his has halogens in. He loves my lights so I’ve bought him a kit for Xmas he doesn’t know like ha ha

Comment

main headlights on facelift

Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post
      Yeah everyone I’ve spoke to regarding this say they’ll never go back. My brother just bought a 63 gti and his has halogens in. He loves my lights so I’ve bought him a kit for Xmas [emoji4] he doesn’t know like ha ha
      My 64 plate xenon afl’s were bloody good to be honest although the new leds of f-in awesome and so white. Nice present! Not a chance would i go back, im teaching my daughter to drive and her little fiat lights are like poor candles just utter shi* by comparison, it should be made law as they are so much safer at night, plus they look cool [emoji38]

Comment

i agree they need to tighten up the minimum spec for lights, so many people drive around with crap bulbs and wipers from 99p stores, no offence to anyone here that does that
        maybe not adaptive lights but as a minimum all cars should have fixed projectors with height adjustment dials fitted with xenon bulbs, the technology is old and cheap that it can be mass produced without any extra cost to the end user

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
          i agree they need to tighten up the minimum spec for lights, so many people drive around with crap bulbs and wipers from 99p stores, no offence to anyone here that does that
          maybe not adaptive lights but as a minimum all cars should have fixed projectors with height adjustment dials fitted with xenon bulbs, the technology is old and cheap that it can be mass produced without any extra cost to the end user
          Completely agree, probably cheaper to mass produce than halogen bulbs, the manufacturers though are charging massive premiums for this stuff, I checked how much a matrix head Light costs to replace and vx want £1100!!! Each side and for what 16 led’s thats about a 10er from maplin, 3 bits of glass and plastic case, ok i know there’s r & d costs but really if it costs them £50 quid to make they’re making £1050 per light thats just a rip off

Comment

with the led lights there isn't a standard led bulb that sits in the housing so it's expensive to produce
            but with xenons and projectors most manufacturers use the standard d1s d2s d3s d4s bulbs with hella projectors or similar
            xenon projectors should be the base model, with adaptive led matrix lights as the premium model
            tbh the old acura TL and lexus projectors are still king if you look at light output alone, they made not dance but they are that good that you don't need them to

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
              with the led lights there isn't a standard led bulb that sits in the housing so it's expensive to produce
              but with xenons and projectors most manufacturers use the standard d1s d2s d3s d4s bulbs with hella projectors or similar
              xenon projectors should be the base model, with adaptive led matrix lights as the premium model
              tbh the old acura TL and lexus projectors are still king if you look at light output alone, they made not dance but they are that good that you don't need them to
              Yes i get there’s more to it with LEDs and the adaptive stuff moulding around other cars is awesome so i image there’s an ecu somewhere just to run the algorithms based on the camera and sensors to do that stuff but still gm have the core technology in other products so I imagine each light doesn’t cost them much, i think on the SRI’s vx charge £1000 extra for the matrix lights which if I hadn’t have brought the Elite with them fitted i doubt I would have paid a grand for them, yes there fab but a grands worth no! I suppose thats cheaper than jag, audi etc...

Comment

The laws regarding headlights need updating. The old reflectors were notorious for dazzling oncoming and preceding drivers if hids were fitted but projectors eliminated this. Even the new reflectors in my car have a proper cut off just like projectors by way of a sheath of metal that surrounds the bulb.

When I first fitted the H7R bulbs to my new Insignia, I was constantly watching the back of preceding cars and oncoming cars and not one showed any sign that I was dazzling any of the drivers. I'm no expert on the output (lumens) but my basic knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong) is, a 55w Halogen bulb output is around 1500 lumens. A 35w xenon is around 3500 lumens and a 55w xenon outputs around 6000 lumens.

I chose a 35w kit because I wanted a better colour to match the led DRLs (5000k is spot on) and a better output without blinding people. At 6000 lumens I feel a 55w kit would be far too bright in reflectors. I also ran a 35w kit in my facelift because although projectors would cope better with the extra output, I felt 35w was more than capable of lighting the road.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I have the facelift, so I've got projectors. I will get the 55w version then. Cars for two years left on the lease so I needn't worry about the longevity of the bulb

Comment

Originally posted by performance View Post
                    I have the facelift, so I've got projectors. I will get the 55w version then. Cars for two years left on the lease so I needn't worry about the longevity of the bulb

You really don't need 55W - 35W is such a huge improvement with HID and more than adequate.

Comment

• I have the 55w, but they don't seem that bright. I wonder if there's an issue with my car. The light output is abysmal.

Comment

• Facelift lights are great

Comment

• Originally posted by performance View Post
                          I have the 55w, but they don't seem that bright. I wonder if there's an issue with my car. The light output is abysmal.
                          Posssibly the bulbs, what make are they

Comment

• I would have to agree with Spark and others, 35w is plenty, were they from the net?

Comment

• I actually thought the standard halogens in dip were ok, the main were awful. Fitted the 35W HID kit, 6k bulbs, MUCH better but too white for the DRL - swapped to a 5K bulb and the output even better and the main bear was much better also. I fear the kit you have may not be a good quality one. Mine is from HIDS Direct and been in 2 years plus now with no issues.

Comment

• Mine are from HIDS Direct also. 6000k 55w. Would be good to get side by side with another insignia to compare. Maybe it's just my eyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X