Tyre recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre recommendations

I'm looking for a decent set of 245/40/19 tyres. I'm on a budget, and only do app. 4000 mpa. My Goodyear tyres are too expensive to replace. Are there any decent budget tyres anyone can recommend. Been looking at nexen nferas.

Tbh.....I've had Landsails and I wouldn't go by them.
    LS588's are the ones I had on my 19's and were faultless.
    Think they were around £200 when I got them but that was 235/35x19.
    Think the larger profile are slightly more expensive but not much.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F272028687407
      Looked at those, people call them ditch finders. But I believe they are building up a good reputation with the new design of tyre..

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F272028687407
        When I got my Insignia, it had JINYU tyres on it.
        These were top class too...very quiet on the road, nice tread and nice side walls.

Pretty good price as I've seen.....but I took the wheels off.

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
          Looked at those, people call them ditch finders. But I believe they are building up a good reputation with the new design of tyre..
          Your always gonna get the cynics, but there's a few guys on here running them on their insignia, so they're not all that bad.
          Again, it's down to budget.
          Go for the best you can afford.

Comment

if you're only doing 4000 miles a year get decent tyres on
            ye all tyres will get you from A to B, but as i always say and as mentioned above, get the best you can afford
            tyres and brakes are are what saves your life in an emergency situation, every 1m extra stopping power is the difference between life and death

Comment

Vouch for Landsail. Excellent tyres for the money, very quiet too. I have them on 20s

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                Vouch for Landsail. Excellent tyres for the money, very quiet too. I have them on 20s
                Another one here with 20's on Landsails. Can't fault them for the price
                Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I've had Accelera tyres in the past and they seemed decent enough. Friend had them on an Audi Q5 and rated them as well.

Comment

+ 1 for the landsails, had them on my 20s for a couple of months and rate them. Really good in the wet as well and very cheap. I am wondering if they do a winter tyre as well as that's next on my hit list

Comment

I have Accelera on the rears on my 19’s and happy with them.
                      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Phoned a local tyre fitters and asked for a budget brand, ended up being accelera phi. Only needed rears, so had them fitted at £60 per tyre, not a bad price. So far they don't seem too bad. The front tyres aren't too bad, so I'm going to leave the new one's on the rear. Many thanks for the advice...

Comment

That is the same price as I paid for mine.
                          LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                            Another one here with 20's on Landsails. Can't fault them for the price
                            Do they have rim protection on these ?

Comment

I swear by Falkens, have used nothing else for the past 10 - 15 years

Comment

Working...
                              X