Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Insignia

Hi all

I have put some of this on the new member's forum just bought a 2015 insignia 2.0 cdti ecoflex (140) vx-line nav bought from a big uk wide dealership on their web site it showed that it had been serviced I think by them but before it was put on the website for sale someone had done 201 miles in it then the mileage from what it showed on the web site & when I bought it was somewhere between 800-900 miles I can get it would have been test driven by people who was interested in it before I bought it but i belive (I know one of the sales men used it as his personel car) it had some damage to it that they had fixed but now I have found several problems with it that supposedly a 115 point RAC check had been done, so either the engineer needs more training or the sales man needs a speaking to.

It may even have travelled from depot to depot for test drives, that can clock a few hundred miles up.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Possibly but as I said one of the salesmen was using it as his personal car

Comment

I don't think that they are trained at all, they only job is to get rid of as many cars as they can.
        Most of them don't even know the history of the car.
        Don't trust to anyone if it comes to buy a second hand car
        LOL

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCORD View Post
          Hi all

I have put some of this on the new member's forum just bought a 2015 insignia 2.0 cdti ecoflex (140) vx-line nav bought from a big uk wide dealership on their web site it showed that it had been serviced I think by them but before it was put on the website for sale someone had done 201 miles in it then the mileage from what it showed on the web site & when I bought it was somewhere between 800-900 miles I can get it would have been test driven by people who was interested in it before I bought it but i belive (I know one of the sales men used it as his personel car) it had some damage to it that they had fixed but now I have found several problems with it that supposedly a 115 point RAC check had been done, so either the engineer needs more training or the sales man needs a speaking to.
          What is your actual point? Are there faults with the car? Then get them remedied. Find out what the 115 point check should cover and if any of the faults are within this then you may have a right to complain, though things can break after being checked.

Presumably you knew the mileage of the vehicle before you purchased it e.g. test driving it so you could have used this as a negotiating tool during the purchase process. You were also aware it had previous damage. Coming on the forum complaining about the mileage after you bought it................what's the point???
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

That could be the case but I believe they normally put them on transporters to move them around

Comment

Whoa there!!!! I was only putting my experience of what happened to me, yes there are faults with the car & they are all within the 115 point checks & it's going back later this month hopfully to be remedied I would think it would have been better if the 115 point checks would be carried out just before the buyer (me) received the car from the franchise (you buy the vehicle "they say it will be a couple off days we have to carry out a 115 point check so all is in order") because the things I have picked up says to me that one of two things either the checks was not done properly in the 1st place or whom ever used the car caused the faults or a bit of both.

And with reference to the mileage even with what I think is a lot of extra mileage which has been put on the vehicle since it was advertised it is still well under the mileage it could have been for a car of that age especially a diesel engine, I would expect some mileage on it for people coming in test driving etc but the extra mileage that was on it I wouldnt think anyone would expect that amount, not to be used by the salesmen as their run around

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCORD View Post
                That could be the case but I believe they normally put them on transporters to move them around
                Not always...New cars yes but pre owned can be moved around either on a transporter, flatbed or driven. I was told once that moving cars via transporter is the costliest way to move the cars around for the dealer because its usually a third party company doing the transporting. The cheapest way is to fill up with fuel and stick one of their drivers in. One of the moderators recently had his car delivered to him and that was driven a couple of hundred miles rather than on a transporter.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

One of my friends is a "shunter" for Arnold Shark.
                  He can drive a car from Inverness to Cornwall if need be.
                  Fairly adds up on the mileage.

Comment

My neighbour works for a local car auction and his job is taking cars all over the country from one auction to another---he has a different car at home nearly everyday--and he seems to enjoy what he is doing----Dave

Comment

I would have thought that they would use a transporter if there is a few cars going to one place or a few that can be done along a certain route but moving one car between dealers is probably just going to be driven by an employee from one place to the other. When my dad retired he looked at doing it for a while before deciding not working and just going walking and playing golf was more fun! There used to be a ford dealer near me and i often saw blokes wandering back it with their bag of stuff with the dealer red players attached to it that would have been on the car for moving it.

The local Vauxhall dealer often have transporter deliveries mind you because when they do it causes chaos!! They are on the main road out of Chesterfield towards the Peak District and Manchester and whilst they have a biggish forecourt no thought was made with regard the trucks being able to get on and off with all the cars they have on display along with customer cars that are in for work. So the transporters just park up on the main road on the double yellow lines, shove the hazards on, pop inside for a cuppa then eventually get around to unloading the one or two cars for that branch oblivious to the traffic that is backing up around them! They've also been known to just park up on the pavement as well in a vain attempt to make the road passable but in turn force pedestrians out into the main road to get round the truck. I once had a "discussion" with one of the drivers as i walked down with the little one who was about 5 months old at the time in her pushchair and he just bounced up onto the pavement in front of me and blocked it. When i asked him where i was meant to go his suggestion was to lift the pushchair over the wall into the dealers forecourt to get past which involved weaving between cars on display to get through.

Comment

Ref the 800-900 miles racked up by the salesman as he used it , salesmen usually can take any car off the display and use it as there company car and normally only use it for a distance of 1000 miles so as not to devalue the car in a bad way .
                        Also if the garage offers free collection and delivery of customer cars in for service they may of used it . Thease cars become pool cars for a dealership. When I was thinking of leaving the gas industry I became a gofa for a Volvo dealership and that's what use to happen , so to buy a car with mileage discrepancies is nothing new ,as for the 150 point check things do become complaincent sometimes with the best will in the world , but at least they are addressing the issues , but it means another trip to the dealership.

.K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                        X