Boot Lip Spoiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot Lip Spoiler

Hi guys, just signed up to the forum, so hope this question has gone in the right box!
    Basically can anyone confirm if the Mk1(pre facelift) boot spoiler will fit my Mk2 2015 hatchback 2.0cdti(vx line ecoflex), looking on ebay and checking compatability states that some do and some dont? some people dont put model numbers up so its quite hard to be sure! Thanks!!

The VX line has a larger spoiler....why would you want to replace it with a smaller one???

And it's quite possible it won't fit anyway.

Comment

Yeah, confused . The VX-Line already has the better spolier. Why would you want to replace it?
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
        Yeah, confused . The VX-Line already has the better spolier. Why would you want to replace it?
        Sorry realised i havnt explained proper, mine did not come with a boot spoiler and as looking on ebay they look the same size to me and as a lot of other stuff on the mk1 is transferable i looked like it would too, i think you have answered the question, i take it that the vx-line one is rare as rocking horse poo? cheers guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Simkoi View Post
          Sorry realised i havnt explained proper, mine did not come with a boot spoiler and as looking on ebay they look the same size to me and as a lot of other stuff on the mk1 is transferable i looked like it would too, i think you have answered the question, i take it that the vx-line one is rare as rocking horse poo? cheers guys.
          Can you take s picture of your boot please???

Comment

Thanks for reply RBH, cant atm as in bodyshop getting all other spoilers added, it actually didnt come with any spoilers? is this normal, paperwork from when bought from vauxhall describes it as a VX?, dont suppose anyone has a part number for it?

Comment

Thanks for reply RBH, cant atm as in bodyshop getting all other spoilers added, it actually didnt come with any spoilers? is this normal, paperwork from when bought from vauxhall describes it as a VX?, dont suppose anyone has a part number for it?
              The VX line should come with it as part of the VX line kit, is the larger boot spoiler.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190824_171315736.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	244077
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190824_165011744.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	244078

Here's mine....dunno if you can zoom in a bit and see it.

Comment

Absolute stunner mate, i really wanted the Red too, you have got me worried now, you see ive seen loads of VX-Lines on ebay and in forcourts without the kit or with a bit of kit i.e a rear and front splitter and skirts but without a boot spoiler or the other way around so i just thought they were sort of optional extras or certain engine types, petrol or diesels etc or are the wrongly being sold as VX Line model? just getting my paperwork out again now, cheers for the help. Ok sused it out, partly my fault, original manufactuers paperwork is Techline and as i am 2nd owner, the garage has put it down as VX-Line(not on purpose i think), no wonder i got it cheap , DOH!!! first post and you have already hlped me out on that, anyways i pick the car up tomorow with the full VX Line kit on minus the boot spoiler so back to trying to find one!! cheers mate, appreciate your time.

Comment

Absolute stunner mate, i really wanted the Red too, you have got me worried now, you see ive seen loads of VX-Lines on ebay and in forcourts without the kit or with a bit of kit i.e a rear and front splitter and skirts but without a boot spoiler or the other way around so i just thought they were sort of optional extras or certain engine types, petrol or diesels etc or are the wrongly being sold as VX Line model? just getting my paperwork out again now, cheers for the help. Ok sused it out, partly my fault, original manufactuers paperwork is Techline and as i am 2nd owner, the garage has put it down as VX-Line(not on purpose i think), no wonder i got it cheap , DOH!!! first post and you have already hlped me out on that, anyways i pick the car up tomorow with the full VX Line kit on minus the boot spoiler so back to trying to find one!! cheers mate, appreciate your time.
                  Thanks buddy
                  There's a lot of places advertising Insignias as vx lines.....but every VX line has the kit.... spoiler, skirts, front and rear splitters.
                  They usually come with the atomics like mine, or 20 inch bi colour alloys ( turbines ).

Don't be dishearted.....you should be able to pick up a spoiler as there's a fair few being broken and advertised on eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                    Thanks buddy
                    There's a lot of places advertising Insignias as vx lines.....but every VX line has the kit.... spoiler, skirts, front and rear splitters.
                    They usually come with the atomics like mine, or 20 inch bi colour alloys ( turbines ).

Don't be dishearted.....you should be able to pick up a spoiler as there's a fair few being broken and advertised on eBay.
                    Cheers mate, appreciate all your help, its really bugging me tbh, ive had so much done(twin custom pipes like yours, 20" graphite rims with some nice hancooks, etc etc.
                    I am back to square one as on ebay people say thet same thing as the forcourts etc, if i check my compatibilty agains most of these boot spoilers some say yes and some say no for excaly the same spoiler, ive asked loads of sellers and they wont confirm for obvious reasons, you see a mk1 standard boot spoiler is exacly the same as a mk1 VX Line spoiler and some sellers say it fits between 2008-2017?? there are about 4 or 5 part numbers for the same thing so i just cant get my head round it at all!!

Comment

im almost certain that the boot hatch are different from the preface to the facelift......hopefully some of the more clued up members will be on asap to add their bit in.

but......please don't part with your cash until your certain that its what your after and will definitely fit.
                      we all know what some sellers are like...…….like politicians, they lie just to get what they want.

Comment

If it's a true VX-Line it will also have the black headlining and flat bottomed steering wheel
                        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

and vx line gearstick

Comment

If the garage has sold it as a VX-Line and it is actually a Tech Line then you've been missold the vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                              and vx line gearstick
                              And sports pedals

Comment

Working...
                              X