Android Head Unit for facelift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RBH View Post
    Can you tell us if it still drains battery with black cube off.
    Ok, I'll check and I'll tell you.

Comment

I honestly don't know Dave.
      I honestly think they're just a distributor of the Chinese units.
      As when I ordered AND PAID mine, I had to wait, when I asked how much longer, they told me it had to be shipped in from China.
      They only checked the units then sent them on.
      When you Google their address in The Wirral, it shows on Google maps as a unit in a small industrial estate.

So I reckon they don't know much about them other than take your cash, order it from China and make a healthy profit doing nothing.
      Rab---that would seem to be the case---what model number was your unit---been looking and its not the best of websites------Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
        Rab---that would seem to be the case---what model number was your unit---been looking and its not the best of websites------Dave
        Nope....it's a shite site to navigate.

I'll put up some pics for you

Comment

• Dave1419

It's the RD5548

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200222_194113296.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	244764
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200222_194130127.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	244765

Comment

Can you tell us if it still drains battery with black cube off.
            Success, when the black cube was unplugged, drains battery was stop.
            Yesterday battery voltage was 12.3v, today is 12.29V. (I know is still not enough but battery was drains elier)
            Many thanks to Mario92

Comment

• Originally posted by Arek103 View Post
              Success, when the black cube was unplugged, drains battery was stop.
              Yesterday battery voltage was 12.3v, today is 12.29V. (I know is still not enough but battery was drains elier)
              Many thanks to Mario92
              Brilliant....your a top man

Comment

Brilliant....your a top man
                That's sounding positive eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                  That's sounding positive eh?
                  Definitely.
                  Am gonny plug mine in tonight and leave it for a couple of days as a wee experiment.

Comment

• Amazing how a lad from Poland has the answer yet Icebox hasn't a bloody clue, try it out for a few days Rab and then I would tell them that there is a solution to the problem and why don't they know about it(I wouldn't tell them what it is mind) , hope this is successful for everyone - - - Dave

Comment

Amazing how a lad from Poland has the answer yet Icebox hasn't a bloody clue, try it out for a few days Rab and then I would tell them that there is a solution to the problem and why don't they know about it(I wouldn't tell them what it is mind) , hope this is successful for everyone - - - Dave
                      Dave.. definitely.
                      It just shows that a bit of ingenuity from a member can solve an ongoing issue that the distribution centre hasn't got a clue on.

Maybe the member should get commission off icebox for discovering the remedy.

Comment

• Would be nice if they did but I wouldn't be too sure about that----as you say think that they just buy them in and send them out--as for checking the units etc out before dispatch--well you couldn't imagine the likes of Currys checking everything out that they supply to their customers. I just hope that they don't cotton on to the remedy and take all the praise---so whats that Black plug with the 3 wires for??.Icebox should really be on top of any problems they have before blaming different parts of the system plus they have no backup system or parts where you can have a replacement canbus box--instead it has to go back to China----for about 3/4 months--just seems a very poor customer service they run.Funny on that unit there are no customer reviews!!--------Dave

Comment

Would be nice if they did but I wouldn't be too sure about that----as you say think that they just buy them in and send them out--as for checking the units etc out before dispatch--well you couldn't imagine the likes of Currys checking everything out that they supply to their customers. I just hope that they don't cotton on to the remedy and take all the praise---so whats that Black plug with the 3 wires for??.Icebox should really be on top of any problems they have before blaming different parts of the system plus they have no backup system or parts where you can have a replacement canbus box--instead it has to go back to China----for about 3/4 months--just seems a very poor customer service they run.Funny on that unit there are no customer reviews!!--------Dave
                          I think the black plug with the 3 wires has something to do with the steering wheel controls

Comment

• With no instructions its the blind leading the blind----lets know how it goes Rab and lets hope this is a solution-------Dave

Comment

With no instructions its the blind leading the blind----lets know how it goes Rab and lets hope this is a solution-------Dave
                              It'll be Tuesday night before I report back on this Dave........ I'll definitely post up on it.

Comment

• No rush Rab----you take care------Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X