Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine looks exactly the same but bigger screen on my sat nav/ unit

Comment

• Can you mirror your apps from iPhone or android phone onto it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmyp1970 View Post
        Mine looks exactly the same but bigger screen on my sat nav/ unit
        Not sure you can replace that with an Android unit, give Icebox Autos a call

Originally posted by Jimmyp1970 View Post
        Can you mirror your apps from iPhone or android phone onto it?
        According to the text yes. I've got a S7 android phone

I've got my phone connected by Bluetooth for calls & as a wifi hotspot. The head unit runs Satnav, music & everything else

Comment

• Don’t know if anyone can help me . I’ve got android 6.0 the facelift one for my insignia 2014 plate. I think it’s draining my battery as if I haven’t driven for a day I come to my car’s battery absolutely drained . Is there any other way connecting the stereo so when I turn the ignition off it cuts out stereo from getting the electricity out of the battery if that makes sense . Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Mario92 View Post
            Don’t know if anyone can help me . I’ve got android 6.0 the facelift one for my insignia 2014 plate. I think it’s draining my battery as if I haven’t driven for a day I come to my car’s battery absolutely drained . Is there any other way connecting the stereo so when I turn the ignition off it cuts out stereo from getting the electricity out of the battery if that makes sense . Thanks
            If it's On , what does it do / say when you take the keys out & open the car door ?

Comment

• It shuts down soon as I open the door. But I don’t actually think it goes off fully. Baught new battery and a good one too but just dies if I don’t drive the car for a day and it’s started since I baught this new unit . Any help be much appreciated!

Comment

• When I take the keys out though it stays on soon as I open the door it goes off . But like I said I think it doesn’t fully go off .

Comment

• They don't go fully off , they only sleep otherwise you'd always be waiting for it to boot up

I think you've got a problem with the unit (or the car) as I don't think mine would kill the battery even if I left it playing all day

What unit have you got ?

Comment

• I’ve got android 6.0 from icebox from Liverpool .

Comment

I’ve got android 6.0 from icebox from Liverpool .
                      I didn't think they did Android 6.0 units anymore ?

Comment

• Ye they still do . The connection of the wires is the problem from what I’ve read it’s connected to permant connectivity so when I take my keys out I can still turn on the radio . I want it to be done when I take the keys out it will completly go off any idea how that’s done ?

Comment

Ye they still do . The connection of the wires is the problem from what I’ve read it’s connected to permant connectivity so when I take my keys out I can still turn on the radio . I want it to be done when I take the keys out it will completly go off any idea how that’s done ?

In the good old days it was just a matter of swapping over the red and yellow wires but not got a clue in this case

Give Icebox's technical guy a call, they're quite helpful

Comment

• When i bought radio off him bud he didn’t have clue how to install it in 2014 as he hasn’t done it before so don’t trust them anymore .

Comment

• I've found some mentions about a cable that should be disconnected for the canbus module to allow the unit to go into sleep, not got a clue where it is though

Hi, thank you all for your support . Today I have unmounted my HU and see that the wires that say something like " disconect if have Can decoder" were connected.
                              I do not remember to have conected it.
                              I Disconected this cable and HU goes to sleep if I take out the key. NICE!!

Comment

• Cheers bud. I’ll mess about with it on day off and fix it

Comment

Working...
                                X