Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juddering upon acceleration !

Hello all.
    I have a 2014 Insignia 2.0 cdti Techline s/s ecoflex with 100,000 miles on the clock.
    The car is fully serviced with timing belt and water pump replaced at 94,000.
    I absolutely love the car and have now had for almost a year.
    Over the last month I have noticed an intermittent juddering when driving under load.
    The car starts perfect and ticks over nicely.
    Sometimes it will occur when engine is hot or cold and can last for 20 odd miles before returning to normal.
    I especially notice the fault when I accelerate from 60 mph on the motorway.
    The power is down like it's in some sort of limp mode, the whole of the front of the car judders
    I have scanned the car and no faults or pending faults are present.
    I have tried Turbo cleaner, egr cleaner, cataclean etc but still the same.
    I was thinking dpf issues but I am currently doing 140 miles daily to work on the motorway so I can't see that being the issue.
    Last Thursday I drove to work and back and it was fine, on Friday I set off in the morning and it happened straight away as power seemed to be down and the car juddered upon acceleration.
    I have also noticed the stop/start is no longer working, weather or not that is related I don't know.
    I wish like some possibilities of the problems before I take it to a garage at their mercy.
    I really would appreciate any help here as the car which I love to drive isn't much fun for me at the moment.
    Regards
    Steve

Originally posted by Steve RF View Post
    Hello all.
    I have a 2014 Insignia 2.0 cdti Techline s/s ecoflex with 100,000 miles on the clock.
    The car is fully serviced with timing belt and water pump replaced at 94,000.
    I absolutely love the car and have now had for almost a year.
    Over the last month I have noticed an intermittent juddering when driving under load.
    The car starts perfect and ticks over nicely.
    Sometimes it will occur when engine is hot or cold and can last for 20 odd miles before returning to normal.
    I especially notice the fault when I accelerate from 60 mph on the motorway.
    The power is down like it's in some sort of limp mode, the whole of the front of the car judders
    I have scanned the car and no faults or pending faults are present.
    I have tried Turbo cleaner, egr cleaner, cataclean etc but still the same.
    I was thinking dpf issues but I am currently doing 140 miles daily to work on the motorway so I can't see that being the issue.
    Last Thursday I drove to work and back and it was fine, on Friday I set off in the morning and it happened straight away as power seemed to be down and the car juddered upon acceleration.
    I have also noticed the stop/start is no longer working, weather or not that is related I don't know.
    I wish like some possibilities of the problems before I take it to a garage at their mercy.
    I really would appreciate any help here as the car which I love to drive isn't much fun for me at the moment.
    Regards
    Steve
    Hi there Steve, whether this is true or not, my nephew, who is into vectras tells me they had trouble with the flywheel, and the newer insignias are the same, not what i wanted to hear when we bought ours, a 15 year sri lower spec, it only has 25k on the clock, but recently i noticed when on start up, i get to 4th gear, their is a very faint kind of judder to the engine when i get up to speed for fifth, it does not happen every time, but when my nephew is with me, he keeps saying its the flywheel, their all like that even the old vectra. He then tries to reassure me nothing will go wrong with it for another 70k or so, which is nice.

Comment

Hi Steve. Are you sure it's not just doing a regen?
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Do you have any fault codes showing?
        Get someone to read them to see what's causing it. You may need Vauxcom or similar to read the live data when driving.
        If it was the fly wheel I would expect it to be happening all the time in all gears. I could be wrong but....

I can't say I've heard of the Vec suffering from vibrations like this and I've been on Vec C. Com for the last 5 years, most nights.
        The 1.8 petrol will judder on take up sometimes but not the dirty dervs.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatfred View Post
          Do you have any fault codes showing?
          Get someone to read them to see what's causing it. You may need Vauxcom or similar to read the live data when driving.
          If it was the fly wheel I would expect it to be happening all the time in all gears. I could be wrong but....

I can't say I've heard of the Vec suffering from vibrations like this and I've been on Vec C. Com for the last 5 years, most nights.
          The 1.8 petrol will judder on take up sometimes but not the dirty dervs.
          I'm the same.
          I've had Vectra since 1996 from the early Vectra b right up to the last of the Vectra c's til February last year and never known them for clutch judder
          As fatfred says, only the 1.8 gave a slight and only a slight judder when pulling away....an that was it.

Even when doing a regen, I've never noticed my juddering.

Comment

My mate had a Mondeo tdci and his dual mass went, used to judder like crazy, different car I know but it was the dual mass.

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
              Hi 001. What is a regen, and how do you know when its doing it.

Comment

My dpf has been taken out but it it's when the filter needs to be blasted out I think, and going through a cycle

Comment

Originally posted by Baz 160 nav View Post
                  My mate had a Mondeo tdci and his dual mass went, used to judder like crazy, different car I know but it was the dual mass.
                  I'm not saying it isn't but DMF failure is very noticeable when ticking over.
                  OP says it's only happening when accelerating from 60ish.
                  Steve RF what happens if you drop a gear? IE is it rev related?

Comment

Hi all
                    Thanks for the replys.

Today I drove 5 mile to Tesco's and the car was fine, parked up while we went shopping, returned an hour later, drove onto the main road and the car was juddering again on acceleration.
                    It's driving me nuts.

The juddering is happening when the car speed is above 30mph in all gears.
                    When I take my foot off the gas the juddering stops.
                    I can drive for 20/30 minutes then the car returns to normal.

I'm totally stumped to what this problem could be.

Injector, fuel filter, turbo, mas, dpf etc it could be anything !

I have the car booked in this Saturday for a service, I'll mention it and see if they have any idea.

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                      Hi
                      Would the regen need to be done daily and would it take 20/30 minutes to happen !
                      Also would it sometimes regen as soon as I start the car and drive off !
                      I'm also doing a lot of mileage daily, How regular should this engine actually regen because I don't know !

Comment

It shouldn't be regening that often but that could be an issue. What's the mpg like.?

Comment

Did you get to the bottom of this in the end?
                          I've got the same issue with ours and it's doing my nut in!

Comment

Hi
                            Unfortunately not no.
                            My Insignia is still doing it.
                            One day it's fine the next it judders like mad, it's totally drove me round the bend.
                            I can drive it to work and it's fine then once ive finished and head home it will judder again, quite violently if I don't take my foot of the gas.

I mentioned it to the garage who serviced it and they scanned it and said they couldn't find anything, they also took it for a spin and sods law it didn't judder.

I've tried loads of different injector cleaners, turbo cleaner, new fuel filter, maf sensor etc

The car starts perfect and the mpg is as good as the day I had it.

One thing I have noticed a few times is if I floor it in third gear it sometimes goes ok as though it's clearing its throat then it picks up.

No lights on dash to say their is a problem.

I'm no expert but I reckon it is an injector problem, or so a friend told me it could of been mis-fueled with petrol before I owned the car.

I'm truly bamboozled with this issue, it's drove me insane almost.

Regards

Steve

Comment

Hi, mine too has been doing the exact same, yesterday was the most recent,
                              The time before that was around 4 months ago but was happening every day.
                              I took mine to halfords auto center, they had it for 2 days with no clue as to what it was.
                              They firstly suggested it was the fuel mass flywheel, then may have been driveshafts, tyres, tracking - but apart from dismantling the clutch the dmf was the only one the they couldn't rule out.
                              They handed me the car back free of charge and basically said let the problem escalate...

Mine only does it if I put the foot down from 20mph and upwards, but if I accelerate slow there's nothing.

Regards
                              Lee

Comment

Working...
                              X