No announcement yet.

vx line on ramps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still using a set of ramps my old uncle made for my dad when he was in the pits over 60 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
      I'm still using a set of ramps my old uncle made for my dad when he was in the pits over 60 years ago
      amost a ditto, i inherited mine, I think they are older than me.. I too have have the extensions to get a lowered front on the ramps but i find the extensions (which i bought) to be pretty crap and not up to the job as they bend.. Ramps can make a job a lot quicker although the can restrict access.

Nice and clean white car there.. if you need a spare VXR facelift front bumper in white let me as i am not keeping my spare...

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman_nige View Post
        amost a ditto, i inherited mine, I think they are older than me.. I too have have the extensions to get a lowered front on the ramps but i find the extensions (which i bought) to be pretty crap and not up to the job as they bend.. Ramps can make a job a lot quicker although the can restrict access.

Nice and clean white car there.. if you need a spare VXR facelift front bumper in white let me as i am not keeping my spare...
        The quality in the old stuff is unbeatable.....and comparing the sizes of today's ramps is like night and day.

Mines are older than me

I bought my extensions about 10 years ago as the XP Vectra wouldn't go on the ramps.
        I think I paid about £25 for them and they've been a god send.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190616_094651191.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	243243

Name:	IMG_20190616_094736178.jpg
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	243244

Name:	IMG_20190616_094714327.jpg
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	243245

I'm either getting too old.....or they're still heavy fookers
          Attached Files

Comment

That's why I have the plastic ones, nice and light to handle, Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
              That's why I have the plastic ones, nice and light to handle, Dave
              Dave....you've got it sussed mate

Comment

Yeah Rab,had mine a while now and at my age they are a blessing---nice and light/plus less chance of scratching paintwork with the plastic---makes taking the likes of the front/rear bumper a breeze-----Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman_nige View Post

I could be interested in it,but I have a feeling youre miles away from Durham,,and don't think I could trust it not getting damaged in transit,,is it complete,,ie fangs etc,and has it headlight washers and parking sensor holes ?
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                    I could be interested in it,but I have a feeling youre miles away from Durham,,and don't think I could trust it not getting damaged in transit,,is it complete,,ie fangs etc,and has it headlight washers and parking sensor holes ?
                    If you don't take Dave, I'm interested

Comment

No grills, just bumper with headlight washers but without their covers, plus parking sensor mounts etc.. I am probably about as far from you as i can be, i am right down on the south of Costa Del Hampshire..

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                        If you don't take Dave, I'm interested
                        I will chuck a for sale thread up with some pics and let this thread stay on subject..

Comment

Pics when its fitted Paul
                          Hit a snag . Body shop just phoned to say that rear skirt is wrong type and doesn't fit. Have to arrange a swap now with Autovaux as it's their cock up. Will get the rest of the kit fitted though this week
                          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                            Hit a snag . Body shop just phoned to say that rear skirt is wrong type and doesn't fit. Have to arrange a swap now with Autovaux as it's their cock up. Will get the rest of the kit fitted though this week
                            How doesn't it fit,thought theyd be all same for facelift
                            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

How doesn't it fit,thought theyd be all same for facelift
                              Not sure whether they have sent the sports tourer bumper? I didn't check as they were all bubble wrapped up
                              Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                                Not sure whether they have sent the sports tourer bumper? I didn't check as they were all bubble wrapped up
                                that's a shitter mate thead

Comment

Working...
                                X