Hobbies......other than cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Langy View Post
    in my spare time i make a lot of 'scale' models, no particular genre just stuff i like the look of.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1042[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1043[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1044[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1045[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1046[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1047[/ATTACH]

the pilot stood next to the foot is 1/144 scale which works out at around 10mm tall
    time, patience and perseverance...…………….and a steady hand needed for that.

oh and bloody good eyesight too

Comment

Originally posted by Langy View Post
      in my spare time i make a lot of 'scale' models, no particular genre just stuff i like the look of.

the pilot stood next to the foot is 1/144 scale which works out at around 10mm tall
      They are mint love the X wing ! Skills
      The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

I don't really have time for hobbies but do make the occasional model myself. Latest was a 1.24th scale 2014 Ford Mustang I got for Christmas. The wife and me spend a lot of time with the grandkids so other than detailing car there isn't much time for anything else.

I wouldn't normally admit to this on an open forum but seeing as Rab has already embarrassed himself posting pics of his wall......I was a massive fan of Adam and the Ants back in the day and later, Adam Ant. Still have a few of their records in the loft. I still know all the words to his songs.

I do watch a lot of films though and love US sc-ifi series. Loving The Orville at the moment.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
          I don't really have time for hobbies but do make the occasional model myself. Latest was a 1.24th scale 2014 Ford Mustang I got for Christmas. The wife and me spend a lot of time with the grandkids so other than detailing car there isn't much time for anything else.

I wouldn't normally admit to this on an open forum but seeing as Rab has already embarrassed himself posting pics of his wall......I was a massive fan of Adam and the Ants back in the day and later, Adam Ant. Still have a few of their records in the loft. I still know all the words to his songs.

I do watch a lot of films though and love US sc-ifi series. Loving The Orville at the moment.
          Cheeky bugger.... embarrassing myself.

I took my Bros stuff down before taking the pics.

Comment

Orville is quite good, Star Trek discovery is really good on Netflix
            The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicksri View Post
              Imagine watching a show about a wee green duck?

And he says I should be embarrassed???

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                Cheeky bugger.... embarrassing myself.

I took my Bros stuff down before taking the pics.
                I don't mean the wall...The wall looked great. I meant the Adam Ant stuff.

I forgot to add...I'm a massive Star Wars fan and I do like to fit some PS4 time in. Been playing Ark for the past year. Even rent my own Ragnarok server.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by Nicksri View Post
                  Yeah watch that too. Love it. Biggest show for me though is The Walking Dead. It's been a bit hit and miss in recent seasons but it's still my favourite.

Comment

Mines a boring life really/geeky life :P

Software Developer by trade so in my spare time I do more developing although mostly for private jobs and personal software/websites.
                    I now have access to a Vinyl Cutting machine so can now cut signs as a side job/hobby
                    Gaming (PC/XBOX)

or anything else I can find to do with my fingers.. been told I fiddle with everything :P (oooerrrr)

Comment

Originally posted by leearnold89 View Post
                      Mines a boring life really/geeky life :P

Software Developer by trade so in my spare time I do more developing although mostly for private jobs and personal software/websites.
                      I now have access to a Vinyl Cutting machine so can now cut signs as a side job/hobby
                      Gaming (PC/XBOX)

or anything else I can find to do with my fingers.. been told I fiddle with everything :P (oooerrrr)
                      Vinyl cutting.....my buddy does this along with other things and makes a fortune doing vans, signs etc

Comment

Yeah watch that too. Love it. Biggest show for me though is The Walking Dead. It's been a bit hit and miss in recent seasons but it's still my favourite.
                        U have the nerve to slag me and your watching shows about a wee green duck.....now that's quite sad

Comment

Vinyl cutting.....my buddy does this along with other things and makes a fortune doing vans, signs etc
                          Indeed it is very good money from what I have seen so far!!

A local company charges £40 per sq metre and the Vinyl I have found costs £5 per 5m roll. Print money!

I have cut 150 3x10 stickers for a local club so far and charged 30p each. Didn't use much Vinyl at all.

Comment

Indeed it is very good money from what I have seen so far!!

A local company charges £40 per sq metre and the Vinyl I have found costs £5 per 5m roll. Print money!

I have cut 150 3x10 stickers for a local club so far and charged 30p each. Didn't use much Vinyl at all.
                            UL be running a Bentley in a wee while....not an insignia

Comment

UL be running a Bentley in a wee while....not an insignia
                              Bah nothing like that - All the rich knobbers drive those.

Would rather something more unique/rarer over here but still in the GM world..either Holden (VXR8/Maloo) or something yank.. Chevy

Comment

Bah nothing like that - All the rich knobbers drive those.

Would rather something more unique/rarer over here but still in the GM world..either Holden (VXR8/Maloo) or something yank.. Chevy
                                Reliant Regal?

Comment

Working...
                                X