Oil life ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil life ??

Only had my 2014 cdti ecoflex insignia a day just looking round it going through the trip computer and noticed a setting that said oil life 25% remaining what does this mean does it mean it needs an oil change and if I have the oil changed will the setting change
    Cheers

The percentage counts down from 100% over time,and miles covered,after an oil change it has to be reset again,back to 100%
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Yeah cheers kind of guessed that car has had service recently but not by vauxhall so probably didn’t reset oil level

Comment

Mine's at 5% and started popping up every time I start the car. It's booked in for a service next Monday so it's pretty accurate. You have a way to go at 25%.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
          Mine's at 5% and started popping up every time I start the car. It's booked in for a service next Monday so it's pretty accurate. You have a way to go at 25%.
          Yes it that is all depended on if the garage actually resets the trip computer I would guess just any normal garage wouldjust change the oil and not reset probably only vauxhall would bother to do that

Comment

Probably...Even they forget sometimes.....It's easy to do it yourself though.....I'm tempted to reset mine because its beginning to get on my nerves having to cancel the message every time I start the car but I also want to see if they reset it next Monday.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

It's just another service count down timer, instead of miles it's oil life. Servicing is 20,000 miles or 1 year, whichever comes first.

2015 SRI 2.0CDTI ecoderp hatch

Comment

Originally posted by Twed View Post
                It's just another service count down timer, instead of miles it's oil life. Servicing is 20,000 miles or 1 year, whichever comes first.
                I'm not sure it's quite as simple as that.
                We have a low-mileage Viva that was serviced a month ago. Since the service it has done around 2400 miles.
                Service interval is stated to be 1yr/20k.

In terms of time, 8% of a year has passed.
                In terms of mileage, 12% has been done.

But the oil life has dropped by 16%.

So there must be other factors taken into consideration.
                I'm guessing short journeys where the engine barely warmed up, and periods of high rpms and high engine load, also go into the equation. I've even been told that high outdoor temperatures cause additional oil degradation.

Comment

Probably...Even they forget sometimes.....It's easy to do it yourself though.....I'm tempted to reset mine because its beginning to get on my nerves having to cancel the message every time I start the car but I also want to see if they reset it next Monday.
                  Can you tell me how to reset it myself? Mine is still on even though the garage changed the oil on Saturday.

Comment

Is yours a facelift?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby-tupper View Post
                      Can you tell me how to reset it myself? Mine is still on even though the garage changed the oil on Saturday.
                      Get the oil percentage screen on,with ignition on,engine off,press the button on end of indicator stalk,with your foot on the brake at same time,,,think that's how you do it
                      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Is yours a facelift?
                        No mate just one of the first old banger mk1’s 🙈

Comment

It ok I was only asking because you reset them differently depending on pre face and face.....exclusiv has given you the correct reset procedure then.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby-tupper View Post
                            No mate just one of the first old banger mk1’s ��
                            Press button marked 'MENU' on the middle of the indicator stalk.
                            Use the rotating end of the indicator stalk to scroll through your options.
                            When oil life is displayed, press and hold the button on the end of the indicator stalk. After a few seconds it should beep and reset the oil life.

Comment

It ok I was only asking because you reset them differently depending on pre face and face.....exclusiv has given you the correct reset procedure then.
                              Can you please let me know what i need to do to reset the oil life on 2014 facelift.. thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                              X