No announcement yet.

Brake upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats always good to know, I too would have doubted that the hoses were different. Did you use the same banjos...? Info is hard to find but i appear to have found that they are M10 x 1.0 bolts but do not know the length of them.. The stock brakes are TRW which are also Brembo...

I think i may go for some really nice colourful banjos:

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman_nige View Post
      thats always good to know, I too would have doubted that the hoses were different. Did you use the same banjos...? Info is hard to find but i appear to have found that they are M10 x 1.0 bolts but do not know the length of them..
      yes used same banjos

Comment

and there are no big caliper spring clips required for securing the caliper to carrier once all fitted as we used to do with our vecs?

I need to get these fitted to the wife's Insignia asap as the current set are just about worn though and I am not happy with her driving her car like that.

Comment

and there are no big caliper spring clips required for securing the caliper to carrier once all fitted as we used to do with our vecs?

I need to get these fitted to the wife's Insignia asap as the current set are just about worn though and I am not happy with her driving her car like that.
          just the two bolts for the caliper to carrier.

Comment

Originally posted by delerium View Post
            just the two bolts for the caliper to carrier.
            great news.. I will get these painted up and ready to be fitted, hopefully next weekend. I can't do them on my own thesedays and am no so well, I have to get assistance now, shame as I used to be able strip/rebuild a vec or signum on my own..

Comment

some pics of the fitted calipers. The car was just washed but the alloy wheels where still needing attention when these were taken...

A very easy job to fit them....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181021_1714537.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	242671

Name:	IMG_20181021_1715150.jpg
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	242672

Comment

They look great.

Quite liking them wheels on the facelift...any pics from a bit further back?

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                  They look great.

Quite liking them wheels on the facelift...any pics from a bit further back?
                  This is the only side on distance pic I have of that car, it was taken the same eveing as the others... I am sure the wife has some much better summer sun pics on her phone as its her car.. I assume these are the factory 18" alloys for the Elite .

Name:	IMG_20181021_1715247.jpg
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	242673

That shitty zafira on jacks in the background is nothing to do with me btw..

Comment

Looks great with them wheels.

I actually thing they're preface SRI wheels mate.

Hence the reason I was asking.

Considering a set of these as winter wheels for my own.

Comment

I have no idea mate.. the car has only done 28K and I bought it from a granny who had owned it from new... I figured it would be unlikely for a granny to be into changing her alloys

Comment

As we are talking brakes and upgrades I feel the need to add these [emoji12]

Before

Now

sigpic

Comment

theres always someone with a blacker dog than your own
                          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Not wanting to take the pi$h of anything butthey look like a dinky set of brakes with a plastic ebay Brembo cover glued on upside down..

Comment

355mm is anything but dinky
                              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Not wanting to take the pi$h of anything butthey look like a dinky set of brakes with a plastic ebay Brembo cover glued on upside down..
                                Ha ha

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X