Is there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there

an "How too" On how to fit a LED warning light. Had two Insignias and I can't say that I've ever notice a DPF Regen
    Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Hello,the led can be fitted behind the door tweeter cover,connected to yellow/black wire and brown, I think @exclusiv. will confirm as quite a few diesel members have done this mod
    Last edited by marko301; 21-11-2018, 11:30 PM. Reason: To get the @mention link to work
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

yeah,just tap into the wires going into the drivers mirror by removing the tweeter. negative to the black,and positive to the brown/yellow wires
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

That Easy. Thanks. Would the LED be fixed to the tweeter cover?
        Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

I’d like to fit some off these too but how does the led know when to light up if it’s just connected to the mirror wires?

Comment

When the car does a regen it switches on the heated rear screen and the mirrors to increase the load. So by adding the LED to the heated mirror wires, you know when a regen is happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
              That Easy. Thanks. Would the LED be fixed to the tweeter cover?
              Easy peasy, in retrospect, should have put it on other edge, facing in car, had some strange looks from people passing
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                Easy peasy, in retrospect, should have put it on other edge, facing in car, had some strange looks from people passing
                I have literally just fitted mine this morning in exactly the same place as you have!!!! Was thinking about facing it inward but thought it better there where i could see it better

Comment

Had some people pass very hesitantly , must be the flashing blue light

Comment

On my facelift, I fitted the LED next to the tweeter inside the housing, so that it lit up the area in front of the tweeter itself. I ended up with a red blow inside the tweeter housing without the glare from the LED.

Comment

Graham, we need some photys of your new beasty

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                        Graham, we need some photys of your new beasty
                        Yeah I know Dave, not had a chance to take some anywhere decent - and it's bloody filthy at the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by cmor View Post
                          When the car does a regen it switches on the heated rear screen and the mirrors to increase the load. So by adding the LED to the heated mirror wires, you know when a regen is happening.
                          Cheers mate don’t know anything about the regen process I thought a light on the dash would probably come up

Comment

Originally posted by Myk1984durham View Post
                            Cheers mate don’t know anything about the regen process I thought a light on the dash would probably come up
                            I think there used to be a dash light on some cars, but people kept going into the dealers saying there was a fault, so they removed them!

Comment

Originally posted by cmor View Post
                              I think there used to be a dash light on some cars, but people kept going into the dealers saying there was a fault, so they removed them!
                              Wey that’s daft if you ask me,surely a 50% chance of a warning it’s happening is better than no warning at all

Comment

Working...
                              X