SVS message today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you need a hand dave gizza shout
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Cheers Dave for your offer, it seems to be a broken cable as I had the original sensor and it is the same fault with the one that's on the car, have another coming tomorrow and will look at that too, I was just wondering if if is possible to be the other sensor that's under the car in the exhaust system, don't have a part number for that one, so if anyone can help with that then please do--will keep trying Dave and if I get stuck I will certainly be in touch, Cheers Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
        Cheers Dave for your offer, it seems to be a broken cable as I had the original sensor and it is the same fault with the one that's on the car, have another coming tomorrow and will look at that too, I was just wondering if if is possible to be the other sensor that's under the car in the exhaust system, don't have a part number for that one, so if anyone can help with that then please do--will keep trying Dave and if I get stuck I will certainly be in touch, Cheers Dave
        Obviously I don't have a diesel but I thought I'd do some investigating . Like you say, seems there are 2 EGT sensors. Position 1 is 55566185(I take it's the one you've already swapped out) and Position 2 is 55591173, the other one you're referring to. That P2033 does point to Bank 1 sensor 2, so you could be right. Bear in mind this could also be of no help and I could be talking a whole load of sh!te
        Last edited by tens6; 10-03-2020, 06:48 PM. Reason: Added text

Comment

Hello and thanks, I will have a look at that sensor too, and no you aren't talking shite, cheers Dave

Comment

Good luck Dave

Comment

After me testing out the wiring ad finding no issue's---my mate Les came around and had a quick look----seems that P2033 is the sensor that's under the car in the exhaust----he got his big book of DTC codes out and we are going to have a look tomorrow to see exactly what the part number is---so thanks to tens6 for his help with the parts numbers----looks like its going to be one of those-----will let you know how we get on------Dave

Comment

After me testing out the wiring ad finding no issue's---my mate Les came around and had a quick look----seems that P2033 is the sensor that's under the car in the exhaust----he got his big book of DTC codes out and we are going to have a look tomorrow to see exactly what the part number is---so thanks to tens6 for his help with the parts numbers----looks like its going to be one of those-----will let you know how we get on------Dave
                It's what it's all about, hope you get it sorted mate. Sensors everywhere nowadays thead

Comment

Well we had another look today at the sensors and the one underneath the car beside the cat and the part number is GM 55591173,managed to get a genuine new one on ebay for £26 delivered---Autovaux/GPS parts were wanting £119 ----so got a bargain there----will have another look when the part comes and hopefully the bloody weather warms up--too cold for me today----no good for old bones------And another question if I can---are these sensors FUSE PROTECTED and if so anyone got any info on which one's I need to look at------Thanks Dave

Comment

Well we had another look today at the sensors and the one underneath the car beside the cat and the part number is GM 55591173,managed to get a genuine new one on ebay for £26 delivered---Autovaux/GPS parts were wanting £119 ----so got a bargain there----will have another look when the part comes and hopefully the bloody weather warms up--too cold for me today----no good for old bones------And another question if I can---are these sensors FUSE PROTECTED and if so anyone got any info on which one's I need to look at------Thanks Dave
                    Good price that. Yeah, I too am a bit fed up of this weather, not being able to do anything on the car. I have no idea about the fuse protection unfortunately...

Comment

Well----good news,the car is sorted----after looking in the Haynes manual I decided to check fuses in the engine fuse box--numbers F2.F5.F10.F11.F32.F47.F71. and in the passenger fuse box--F2.F3.F8.F9.F10 RELAY.F23.F24.Found no issues with these---F11 and F47 in the engine fusebox are for the Lambda sensors.So I decided to check all the fuses in the car---all fine--then decided to check the wiring from the ECU to the sensors on the engine---having stripped back the black cotton type adhesive tape I checked out the wiring for the sensor that sits under the Lambda on the engine front---as per the one in the previous photo,there are 2 wires to this sensor part number 55566185 and they are coloured as such---Black=Earth and a Light Blue coloured cable with a White stripe.Having already checked this wiring i decided to trim back the shrink tube on the wiring and found the problem---the blue/white cable was just about to break---only been held on by the plastic covering--the Black earth wire was sound----soldered the broken wire up and put some new shrink tube on----if Vauxhall had used the same diameter cable for both the sensor and the connector i think we would have less of a problem----the blue/white cable is very fine compared to connector cable.Anyway thanks for the offers of help and advice so if you have DTC codes P2033 and 242D coming up and putting your EML on then do check this area first--------Cheers Dave

Comment

Brilliant results Dave.

Comment

Well done, glad it's sorted.
                          I hate wiring so much is hidden

Comment

Thanks Rab----the bloody thing was chewing away at me and with me having Geordie Terrier in me I decided to check everything out---and wouldn't stop until I had a solution----the main thing that was bugging me was it happened when I went to start the car from cold so my first thoughts was a broken cable/wire---but after a little investigation and finding nothing I decided to spend some time checking the wiring in the area----and found the problem---do have a new cheap sensor coming so the repairs have only cost me that and I need a new soldering iron as mine decided to give up-------Dave

Comment

Well----good news,the car is sorted----after looking in the Haynes manual I decided to check fuses in the engine fuse box--numbers F2.F5.F10.F11.F32.F47.F71. and in the passenger fuse box--F2.F3.F8.F9.F10 RELAY.F23.F24.Found no issues with these---F11 and F47 in the engine fusebox are for the Lambda sensors.So I decided to check all the fuses in the car---all fine--then decided to check the wiring from the ECU to the sensors on the engine---having stripped back the black cotton type adhesive tape I checked out the wiring for the sensor that sits under the Lambda on the engine front---as per the one in the previous photo,there are 2 wires to this sensor part number 55566185 and they are coloured as such---Black=Earth and a Light Blue coloured cable with a White stripe.Having already checked this wiring i decided to trim back the shrink tube on the wiring and found the problem---the blue/white cable was just about to break---only been held on by the plastic covering--the Black earth wire was sound----soldered the broken wire up and put some new shrink tube on----if Vauxhall had used the same diameter cable for both the sensor and the connector i think we would have less of a problem----the blue/white cable is very fine compared to connector cable.Anyway thanks for the offers of help and advice so if you have DTC codes P2033 and 242D coming up and putting your EML on then do check this area first--------Cheers Dave
                              Nice, one of those satisfying results. Testament to checking things over first

Comment

glad you got to bottom of it Dave
                                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
                                X