Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RBH View Post
    What about a decent panel beater???
    He could heat the skirt to bend it back in, plastic weld it, prep it then paint it.... me that be worth a try.
    Gurdip on here had a skirt repaired,after damage on a lift
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

• Oh crap! It's one step forward two steps back sometimes.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

What about a decent panel beater???
        He could heat the skirt to bend it back in, plastic weld it, prep it then paint it.... me that be worth a try.
        I did think about that as well just wasn't sure if it would be possible. I need to see if my brother in law is back at work in Kwik fit to try and get it up on ramp to check there's nothing else damaged but I don't think so. Anybody know any decent bodyshops in Central Scotland that they would reccomed? Obviously I would wait til after restrictions are over. But a good idea that. Thanks guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Graeme1975 View Post
          I did think about that as well just wasn't sure if it would be possible. I need to see if my brother in law is back at work in Kwik fit to try and get it up on ramp to check there's nothing else damaged but I don't think so. Anybody know any decent bodyshops in Central Scotland that they would reccomed? Obviously I would wait til after restrictions are over. But a good idea that. Thanks guys.

I gotta painter pal...……….but I'm still waiting on him doing my rear bumper.....he's had it since last year .

he plastic welded and repaired my insignia front bumper and XP2 front bumper on my Vectra.....you couldn't tell after they were painted....

but he's a cnut to get unfortunately

Click image for larger version

Name:	18767382_1425202204204701_8835451690342558716_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	246668

Name:	18698021_1425202227538032_7034929478007631993_n.jpg
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	246669

Name:	18740577_1425202317538023_5000948998629686195_n.jpg
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	246670

Name:	18672872_1425987760792812_833179575862536200_o.jpg
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	246671

Comment

• Haha my mates like that, he is an sparky and has been going to do some extra lights up for me for about a year. Although to be fair I have been going to machine polish his vxr since he bought it 4 years ago so can't say too much .

Comment

Proof today that I should not touch cars. Jacking the car up to take one of the back wheels off and the ******* trolley jack slipped and split the sideskirt. [emoji2959][emoji2959]
              Sorry to see this Graeme---I never use the normal jacking points on the sills--if you look in your handbook/manual you will see on page 226 the jacking points for lifting the car---these are used by garages with lifting gear---I use these points along with a rubber puck/pad and lift the car there----plus they are much stronger than the chocolate positions that are on the sills-------Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                Sorry to see this Graeme---I never use the normal jacking points on the sills--if you look in your handbook/manual you will see on page 226 the jacking points for lifting the car---these are used by garages with lifting gear---I use these points along with a rubber puck/pad and lift the car there----plus they are much stronger than the chocolate positions that are on the sills-------Dave
                Cheers Dave I will take a look, I never do much on the car usually and very much not mechanically minded and normally I use a rubber pick with a groove that slots over the sill jack point. Not sure if I have missed lining up or what I have done. Definitely a lesson learned.

Comment

• is that a jack from SGS??

Comment

• Yep it is mate.

Comment

• I have a one like it but I only use it to lift smaller bits on the car[taking the weight off a drop link etc] but it has the rubber pad on it to stop any slipping----Dave

Comment

• Yep mine has as well. As I said I was daft enough to use another puck I had on my old jack.

Comment

Yep it is mate.
                          I had one exactly the same.....gave up the ghost after 6 months and they didn't wanna know.

I got fed up playing email tennis and bought a new Sealey one
                          Last edited by RBH; 17-04-2020, 08:54 PM.

Comment

I had one exactly the same.....gave up.tje ghost after 6 months and they didn't wanna know.

I got fed up playing email tennis and bought a new Sealey one
                            I think mines is from Lidl or Aldi been a great wee buy still going strong 5years later

Comment

• I only got the SGS one as my old one wouldn't fit with having the skirts. Old one was a Lidl one I got years ago in a set with couple of axle stands.

Comment

• I've got a cheapo low profile one, don't have much trust in it, it's worked once , gonna try it tomorrow to lift the car 3 times [emoji1696]

Comment

Working...
                                X