Follow me home headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow me home headlights

Hi I've a 2016 insignia sport tourer 2.0 cdti Sri ecoflex 170 vxline with Afl nav pretty much every conceivable electronic extra on car. The problem I have is the aforementioned used to work automatically when I bought the car I had light switch set to auto and timer set to 120 sec on the infotainment and when I arrived home at night I simply stopped got out the car and walked to front door whilst headlights remained on. I did not have to push or press anything to facilitate this but after a software update by Vauxhall this now has to be done manually. Any help would be appreciated in solving this. Been back to Vauxhall they don't seem to known how to go about it.

Lights will stay on until you press lock on remote or timer if you don't lock car. If you want you can manually activate follow me home lights, lock the car, go home then timer times out.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Exit Lighting

The following lights switch on if the key is removed from the ignition switch:

interior lights

instrument panel light

puddle lights

They will switch off automatically after a delay. This function works only in the dark. Theatre lighting is activated if the driver's door is opened during this time.

Path Lighting

Headlights, tail lights and number plate lights illuminate the surrounding area for an adjustable time after leaving the vehicle.

Activating

[content_img/imgf2588f2ae51f90ccc0a801ea01fc11d4_2_--_--_PNG_MQ]

Switch off the ignition.

Remove the ignition key.

Open the driver's door.

Pull the turn signal lever.

Close the driver's door.

If the driver's door is not closed the lights switch off after two minutes.

Exit lighting is switched off immediately if the turn signal lever is pulled while the driver's door is open.

This function can be activated or deactivated in the Vehicle personalisation.

Select the relevant setting in Settings, IVehicle in the Colour-Info-Display.

Colour-Info-Display Colour-Info-Display.

Vehicle personalisation Vehicle personalisation .

The settings can be saved for the key being used Memorised settings.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Hi Matt I forgot to mention it's a keyless ignition I have with 8" instrument cluster. Will this make any difference in the activation procedure?

Comment

Originally posted by Griffon View Post
          Hi Matt I forgot to mention it's a keyless ignition I have with 8" instrument cluster. Will this make any difference in the activation procedure?
          Sorry no idea .

Comment

Hi Matt there is no where in the vehicle personalisation to activate or deactivate this function. Can you be more specific please.

Comment

Download the My Vauxhall app on android or ios, enter vin number, there will be a manual for your car, check for updates etc.

Comment

Hi mate got it already it's not been much help I'm afraid thanks though.
                I appreciate it. I'm led to believe vaux com tech software might be able to activate this feature through vehicle settings but I need to find someone who has software.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffon View Post
                  Hi mate got it already it's not been much help I'm afraid thanks though.
                  I appreciate it. I'm led to believe vaux com tech software might be able to activate this feature through vehicle settings but I need to find someone who has software.
                  Plasma on here. Pm him.

Comment

One odd thing about the lights is that you have to put the light switch in “auto” mode. When you keep it in the “on” position, approach lights will not work. Stupid implementation.

From another thread here.

Comment

Yes mate have had it in the auto position since I got the car. I will try to contact plasma thanks and see where we go from there. It would be nice to be able to go back to Vauxhall and tell them I've fixed problem myself.

Comment

Working...
                      X