Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to get an estate

Evening all!!

I'm going to be on the search soon for a MK1 facelift estate. Looking at the 2 litre diesel SRI VX Spec.

It won't be until my current insurance policy finishes in November (Go skippy wanted an additional £620 to cover an insignia for two months (cheeky gits!!)) so thought I'd get some homework done and ask you lovely lot if there is anything I should look out for in particular, good and/or bad stuff.

My ideal motor would be in white or red with the atom wheels and leather seats, I've only found one with leather seats in the whole of the country, and it's bloody miles away!! But I would be happy with the fabric seats.

Thanks

From what I have heard you might be better off getting a good vectra C as they can be got so cheaply now, (great car if you can avoid a few potential expensive engine issues, but they can do a very high mileage) skip the mark 1 Insignia until you can stretch to a mark 2 Insignia.

Comment

Having run a pre facelift 13 reg 2.0CDTi SE for 55,000 miles over 5 years, I would say that the number of horror stories you hear are disproportionate to the number of owners who have enjoyed hassle-free motoring. If your budget is around £3k to £4k you should be able to pick up a reasonable motor, but for god's sake make sure you have full service history according to the mileage.
      Happy hunting!
      2018 1.5T SRi Nav
      Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Hello Aaron . I agree totally with Peter .
        The amount of bad egg insignias is minute considering the amount on the road .
        And yes full service history ( I'd rather buy one with loads of invoices rather than just a stamped service book ) that will show you exactly what's been done as far as parts replaced .)
        Also cambelt/water pump / tensioner replacement I think on thease it's a whopping 100.000 miles or 7 years ( whichever comes first ) .
        2 working keys is a bonus, also make sure the blade key fits the door lock and locks and unlocks the car .
        Apart from that , as long as you understand the purpose of the DPF and how to look after it then you are onto a winner ! .
        Also it depends on your budget as well loads out there , if you have any questions then just ask , no matter how silly the question may seem to you .
        And remember let your head rule your heart .

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
          Hello Aaron . I agree totally with Peter .
          The amount of bad egg insignias is minute considering the amount on the road .
          And yes full service history ( I'd rather buy one with loads of invoices rather than just a stamped service book ) that will show you exactly what's been done as far as parts replaced .)
          Also cambelt/water pump / tensioner replacement I think on thease it's a whopping 100.000 miles or 7 years ( whichever comes first ) .
          2 working keys is a bonus, also make sure the blade key fits the door lock and locks and unlocks the car .
          Apart from that , as long as you understand the purpose of the DPF and how to look after it then you are onto a winner ! .
          Also it depends on your budget as well loads out there , if you have any questions then just ask , no matter how silly the question may seem to you .
          And remember let your head rule your heart .
          As Above. Only thing cam belt water pump is five years or 100,000 miles, which ever comes first.
          Happy hunting, I have the Elite Facelift ST go for it.
          Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Does it have to be an estate? emmamatt38 (a regular long term member of the forum) has a lovely red hatch for sale https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...signia-sri-nav
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thanks for the advice lads!

Ex Vectra, I love the shape of the mk1 insignia

Lizzard, could you tell me a bit more info on the DPF? Is it a pretty straightforward, quick job?

Marko, yes I'm definitely going for an estate as I love the shape but thanks for the suggestion! Also looking for a lot less miles. I intend this to last me a good while so I'm going for a higher end model.

Comment

Originally posted by SwirlesY View Post
                Thanks for the advice lads!

Ex Vectra, I love the shape of the mk1 insignia

Lizzard, could you tell me a bit more info on the DPF? Is it a pretty straightforward, quick job?

Marko, yes I'm definitely going for an estate as I love the shape but thanks for the suggestion! Also looking for a lot less miles. I intend this to last me a good while so I'm going for a higher end model.
                I think you missing the point with DPF, have a quick google how DPF works. You will understand lot more, in nutshell when regen starts let it finish.

Comment

I would be vary wary about pre-facelift Insignias with the amount of issues people are having with siezed engines. If you can stretch to it, go for a facelift Insignia 2014 on.
                  Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Cheers everyone for the advice, will come inrreally handy in my search!! Will keep you updated onmmy search

Comment

Picked up this beauty this afternoon!!!Click image for larger version

Name:	91f174ebfe1d4121bd0c2418f0686f63.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	243599
                      Attached Files

Comment

Your search is over, welcome to the club! What is it? (Yes I know it's a pre-facelift VX line estate, but engine? extras?)
                        Last edited by PeteH; 15-09-2019, 09:01 AM.
                        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Nice Motor. Why is it that white motors look bigger? Maybe it's my eyes or age.
                          Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

That's a nice looking car....any plans for it? The wheels will look good black.. RBH will agree
                            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

"
                              David Coulthard: "So, Lewis Hamilton wins the world championship again this year.. Lewis, is there any one thing you would like to see Mercedes change on your car for 2020?"
                              Lewis Hamilton: "Err.. I think the wheels would look better black"
                              2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Working...
                              X