Heated seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heated seats

For some reason my heated seats only stay on for about 30 seconds and then goes off any ideas

Heatpads are goosed,need replacing
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Is that a dealer's job to buy or can they be bought else where

Comment

Didn’t the drivers seat suffer with the wiring plug having issues?

Comment

Originally posted by dezzyb View Post
          For some reason my heated seats only stay on for about 30 seconds and then goes off any ideas
          There is a recall out the heated seats

Comment

Is it a easy fix or a dealer job

Comment

The recall finished quite a while back,,and as for changing them,,I wouldn't have thought it would be that hard
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Mine are the same, have been as long as I've owned it. Its a little inconvenient having to turn them on 2 or 3 times to get them warm. I read about the recall but it's far too late for the stealers to be bothered.

The dealer notice said the seat had to be taken apart and have new heated pads installed from what I've read. I've also heard it could just a simple cable or wire replacement? Haven't managed to find a great deal on fixing it yourself but I've heard it's been done

Comment

There's a few youtube vids.

I followed one to check the wiring, in case it frayed as per the old recall.

It's a case of taking cushions and covers of the seat from behind.

Wiring was fine my drivers pad was shot.

Dealer will not recall fix anymore.

Mine had a warranty, I hadnt had it long, and was replaced. I think it was a couple of hundred quit at main dealer.

Comment

Aftermarket seat pads seem the way to go then, I fitted them, very good & easy to do, but only two settings on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Stoat View Post
                      Aftermarket seat pads seem the way to go then, I fitted them, very good & easy to do, but only two settings on mine.
                      Do you have a how2

Comment

Originally posted by Red Stoat View Post
                        agreed..........mines has 6 settings though ive still to get the seats stripped and fit the pads......not had a good enough day or enough time to do so.

ive even bought the same set for the rears

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                          Do you have a how2
                          No How-to Ray, but you need the seats out, (be very careful when manoeuvring them out of the car) then undo whatever you have to to get the covers off. The pads just stick in place, then refit the covers. As for the wiring, I didn't have heated seats, so installed switches, fuses, wiring etc. I suppose you either do the same, or use the existing harness. OEM would look best if you can suss the wiring.
                          I still haven't fitted the pads in the backrest yet, although this can be done with the seats in-situ. I will do this one day . . .

Comment

Working...
                          X