Horn replacement/upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horn replacement/upgrade

Hi all, I now own a zafira sri vx line, my insignia had to go due to needing 7 seats but I still follow the forum, plus the zafira owners forum is totally dead. Anyway my question is, are the Horns the same throughout the vx range, as mine sounds like a beep or a bib, sort of monotone, rather different from my insignia, which had a nice loud blast. I want that sound back...Any ideas.

Buy another insignia .

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
      Buy another insignia .
      Joking apart ,I'm seriously thinking about it. I could nick a horn off one though

Comment

Buy some air horns https://www.carnoisseur.com/products...CABEgJIPPD_BwE
        sigpic

Comment

Maybe only one horn fitted,or only one of the twin horn set up working.
          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

The 2015 tourer my son owned only had the one.
            He hated the sound so he took the bumper of thinking one of them had given up the ghost....to discover there was only one.

He removed it and fitted twins of a Vectra C we had in the garage.

Comment

Fit a train horn

Look it up on YouTube

Comment

I believe most of the newer ones all use the FIAMM horn high and low notes. My Insignia low tone died and I only had a high pitched one and didn't sound right.

The horns can be found on most cars tbh. I got my replacement low tone from the scrappy from a Volvo V40. When looking for replacements they seem to be across Vauxhall, Volvo, Skoda, Ford and JLR (could be more but I stopped there when looking for replacement price)

Just look at the way the trumpet curls(?) to get the correct one you need.

Comment

Seems as though it only has a single horn, I can locate a new hi/low new horn set for the insignia, but does anybody know if they'll fit the zafira, I'm unsure if the plugs are different...and I would presume that the bumper has to be removed..sorry members, but I'm getting no reply or help from the zafira owners forum..

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
                    Seems as though it only has a single horn, I can locate a new hi/low new horn set for the insignia, but does anybody know if they'll fit the zafira, I'm unsure if the plugs are different...and I would presume that the bumper has to be removed..sorry members, but I'm getting no reply or help from the zafira owners forum..

the zafira A and B have the same connection ( single plug ) as the insignia......you would need to check if its the same.

and yes, the bumper would need to come off

Comment

Working...
                    X