No announcement yet.

Limp mode, DPF and boost valve codes intermittent - 2.0 CDTi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had an leaking injector Alex. Had it cleaned up at the injector seat and new seal fitted just before all this started. Car came back in limp mode and Forced regens wouldn’t complete. Assuming because I had this other issue whether that’s the sensor or hose or both.

Will have a look locally in Glasgow area for mobile DPF cleaning services. Unless anyone can recommend any?

Comment

Definitely needs further investigation as there is a few things that it could be. They will check sensor for you or will point you in the right direction to solve your dfp issues

Comment

Had a quote today, £90 for diagnostic then £300 for a clean. Worst case scenario DPF replacement needed. Not sure any of these are cost effective on this age of car. Close to cutting my losses. Plus they probably can’t do any of that with a faulty sensor and hose.

Hypothetically, if I got a used sensor from another 2.0 CDTi would that need re-learned to my car or would it have the same parameters as mine already? DonÂ’t really want to buy a new one and blow it as soon as the car is switched or during an attempted regen.

Comment

Car won't do a full regen no matter how many times you try if there is a faulty sensor---it will only do partial ones which is not what you want---what sensors are you having problems with as I've been messing on with mine a while ago and it took me a bit of time to fettle them---if its the ones on the exhaust downpipe then they are just plug and play---what codes are you having coming up.if yours is like mine you should have 3 sensors--1 Lambda and 2 gas temperature sensors on the exhaust downpipe,if you can then take a picture of the one--s that you are having problems with------Dave

Comment

IÂ’m already aware it wonÂ’t do the regen with a faulty sensor. ItÂ’s not any of those, itÂ’s the DPF pressure sensor also referred to as the Exhaust Pressure Difference Sensor. ItÂ’s near the top at the back of the engine and connects via hose from the top of the exhaust. The DPF is almost certainly blocked and the back pressure already blew out the hose and sensor.

What IÂ’m asking is if I put a used sensor on that came from the same engine will it need re-learned since the pressure values wouldÂ’ve been the same anyway?

And the reason IÂ’m asking that is because if I get all new parts and pay to get it re-learned then get a forced regen done thereÂ’s a chance it will blow another hole in the sensor and/or hose and IÂ’ll have spent loads doing it.

If I use genuine used parts from the same engine IÂ’m hoping that then at least if it does burst I have potentially ruled out that the sensor is incorrectly telling me the DPF is full and if the parts go I havenÂ’t spent a fortune doing it.

Comment

If you go second hand it will still have to learn the values of your car , even if it's from same make model year engine power .
              Gone of the days of just plug and play .
              It's probably the pressure differential sensor for the DPF
              It has a tube that goes to the front of the DPF , ( inlet ) and 1 to the rear ( outlet )
              It measure the pressure difference between both ends of the DPF .in the form of KPA
              I think the inlet should be about 1200 KPA ( 12 bar)
              Outlet should be about 1000 KPA (10 bar )

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thanks Lizzard, it is that sensor but the 2009 has only one inlet. Not sure when that changed.

Comment

I'll check how many mines has as I have 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                    I'll check how many mines has as I have 2009
                    Cheers Alex, this is the part I believe it to be 55566186 (one digit different from the hose which is 55566187)

Click image for larger version

Name:	23869380-609D-4948-A776-4A943CAEF83E.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	247117

Comment

Originally posted by smitrocks View Post
                      IÂ’m already aware it wonÂ’t do the regen with a faulty sensor. ItÂ’s not any of those, itÂ’s the DPF pressure sensor also referred to as the Exhaust Pressure Difference Sensor. ItÂ’s near the top at the back of the engine and connects via hose from the top of the exhaust. The DPF is almost certainly blocked and the back pressure already blew out the hose and sensor.

What IÂ’m asking is if I put a used sensor on that came from the same engine will it need re-learned since the pressure values wouldÂ’ve been the same anyway?

And the reason IÂ’m asking that is because if I get all new parts and pay to get it re-learned then get a forced regen done thereÂ’s a chance it will blow another hole in the sensor and/or hose and IÂ’ll have spent loads doing it.

If I use genuine used parts from the same engine IÂ’m hoping that then at least if it does burst I have potentially ruled out that the sensor is incorrectly telling me the DPF is full and if the parts go I havenÂ’t spent a fortune doing it.
                      Ahh right---just looked in the Haynes manual and there is about 2 sentences about this sensor and that's all---not much help but there was something on utube that came up and what you are doing is on the right track--I would change that sensor first as its not that expensive and then take from there--is the pipework all ok and not split---never looked at this on mine but will have a look as soon as I get a minute-----lets hope you get somewhere with this-----Dave

Comment

Yeah I’ve got the Haynes manual and I think it just tells you how to remove it, says nothing about coding to the ECU but everybody on here says you have to do that.

The front part of the rubber hose is split, I have a used pipe assembly to repair that.

But it appears that even if the sensor is gone and that was the problem initially I’m going to need a forced regen and potentially a relearning of the sensor at the very least.

Comment

At least you are trying to sort out these problems by having a go at it--lets hope that it turns up trumps for you------Dave

Comment

Right I managed to grab a look at our today, it's definitely only got one hose on sensor.
                            I've taken some pictures.

Name:	IMG_20200521_140445.jpg
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	247118

Name:	IMG_20200521_140503.jpg
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	247119

Comment

Yeah, thatÂ’s the one. Think they mightÂ’ve changed this to the two hose sensor as early as 2010.

Good pictures Alex, the air is escaping from mine under the sensor in front of the front of the hose, not clear yet whether it is the neck of the hose or the sensor itself thatÂ’s gone. Hopefully get it off at the weekend for a look.

Comment

Originally posted by smitrocks View Post
                                Yeah, thatÂ’s the one. Think they mightÂ’ve changed this to the two hose sensor as early as 2010.

Good pictures Alex, the air is escaping from mine under the sensor in front of the front of the hose, not clear yet whether it is the neck of the hose or the sensor itself thatÂ’s gone. Hopefully get it off at the weekend for a look.
                                Have you removed the sensor and tried putting a little pressure in it to see if it leaks?
                                Mines seems to have a spring clamp on that hose does yours?
                                I'm sure those cheap op com readers can force regen just an option if you're being quoted 99 for one.
                                I'm sure they are around 20-30 quid

Comment

Working...
                                X