Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Averaging 66mpg so far in 2014 estate diesel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get 22mpg round town

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
      I get 22mpg round town
      Pub crawl?

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
        Pub crawl?
        Nah I don’t drive round like miss daisy and I have the pedal box on full whack and the tuning box not far behind

Comment

The only times I checked MPG, using the brim method (if that's what it's called) is once when towing my Caravan and that averaged just under 22 mpg and once solo which was around 44 mpg. Now that wasn't much different from the trip reading, couple of miles less, that's all. Not bothered since, just subtract two, near enough for me.
          Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Not wishing to piss on your bonfire, but are you sure your settings aren't in US Gallons?
            2015 SRi Nav CDTi 140 VX-line Nav

Comment

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
              The only times I checked MPG, using the brim method (if that's what it's called) is once when towing my Caravan and that averaged just under 22 mpg and once solo which was around 44 mpg. Now that wasn't much different from the trip reading, couple of miles less, that's all. Not bothered since, just subtract two, near enough for me.
              Towing my caravan, I got just under 32 mpg not 22 mpg (bad aim with finger) Thought both readings were good.
              Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by aitkenaj View Post
                Not wishing to piss on your bonfire, but are you sure your settings aren't in US Gallons?
                That would still give him 55 imperial gpm that's still very good.
                Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
                  That would still give him 55 imperial gpm that's still very good.
                  Yeah, exactly.
                  2015 SRi Nav CDTi 140 VX-line Nav

Comment

Originally posted by aitkenaj View Post
                    Surely setting to US gallon would indicate less MPG, US gallon is 5/6th of a UK gallon?

FWIW, I manage 52-54 MPG indicated knocking about, which isn't too far from the actual pump calculation. Best I've seen was just under 63MPG on a 500+ mile run from Nottinghamshire to the top of Scotland.

Comment

I’ve just managed 61.4mpg and an average of 58.1 mpg, I’m hacking up and down the A14/M11 and traveling just under the speed limit
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	903F19C8-1EE0-4E32-B5D4-6876834DD945.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	244266

Comment

35.1 mpg in my 2.0 cdti elite

Thats roumd town hopefully its not too much less towing my caravan...

Comment

35 mpg in 2010 160bhp - mainly short(ish) journeys

Comment

Originally posted by Davidl View Post
                            35.1 mpg in my 2.0 cdti elite

Thats roumd town hopefully its not too much less towing my caravan...
                            I get just over 32 mph, on a trip to Cornwall 255 miles.
                            Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

I was going to tow mine to cornwall from notts in aug hols, my sister lives down there.... only downside is the distance and limited towing speeds would make it an eternity,

Comment

Originally posted by Tobester View Post
                                I’ve just managed 61.4mpg and an average of 58.1 mpg, I’m hacking up and down the A14/M11 and traveling just under the speed limit
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]3217[/ATTACH]
                                What app are you using for this would be good to see how much my van is costing me and if it’s worth having it or not

Comment

Working...
                                X