Heated seats keep switching off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heated seats keep switching off

I have just noticed my heated seats switch off after one minute and do not heat up I have tried it on all four settings but they will not stay on as anybody else on here had this problem??

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
    I have just noticed my heated seats switch off after one minute and do not heat up I have tried it on all four settings but they will not stay on as anybody else on here had this problem??
    Same as mine, keeps switching off after a min or two. Have noticed that only the bottom seat heats up, back /lumbar not heating up at all.
    So I believe that the cables are snapped off. That's why it's switching off.
    Have no time to investigate to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman14 View Post
      Same as mine, keeps switching off after a min or two. Have noticed that only the bottom seat heats up, back /lumbar not heating up at all.
      So I believe that the cables are snapped off. That's why it's switching off.
      Have no time to investigate to be honest.
      Well I’m glad it’s not just my car I’ll have a bit of a investigation on Saturday 🤞

Comment

Have this issue with the drivers seat in my 2010 Elite but the passenger seat is fine. Believe there was a sort of recall for a while for some as there was an issue with wiring being too short or something like that but it only lasted so long and if you contact Vauxhall about it now they want nothing to do with it.

Think the fix is to buy the replacement pads and wiring then strip the seat down to replace them. I've not bothered as really cant be bothered to take the job on. I did consider having a look for a replacement seat at a scrapyard at one point but never went any further with it.

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
          Have this issue with the drivers seat in my 2010 Elite but the passenger seat is fine. Believe there was a sort of recall for a while for some as there was an issue with wiring being too short or something like that but it only lasted so long and if you contact Vauxhall about it now they want nothing to do with it.

Think the fix is to buy the replacement pads and wiring then strip the seat down to replace them. I've not bothered as really cant be bothered to take the job on. I did consider having a look for a replacement seat at a scrapyard at one point but never went any further with it.
          There was conversation going on either on "insignia Enthusiast " or up in this forum,
          There was a lad who stripped of the driver seat and found that the wires were snapped off on the side of the seat where the controller buttons are. He simply used solder so attach the wires and the problem was solved .

Comment

Same deal with mine, drivers seat only, 20 seconds no heat switches off.
            I took the seat back off, following some info I found at the Enthusiasts forum and YouTube but couldn't see any obvious break in cables. It was a fiddly process but easy enough if you take your time.

Luckily my car still has a warranty who have agreed the repair, my local Arnold Clark are doing it, £95 for the heater mat, £4.60 for replacement hog rings, £103 for 1.2hrs labour (!)

Comment

Originally posted by stewlewis View Post
              Same deal with mine, drivers seat only, 20 seconds no heat switches off.
              I took the seat back off, following some info I found at the Enthusiasts forum and YouTube but couldn't see any obvious break in cables. It was a fiddly process but easy enough if you take your time.

Luckily my car still has a warranty who have agreed the repair, my local Arnold Clark are doing it, £95 for the heater mat, £4.60 for replacement hog rings, £103 for 1.2hrs labour (!)
              Don’t want heated seats that bad, good job you still have warranty if it was the air that had broken might have paid for it

Comment

mine does exactly the same as a couple of weeks ago so off to garage to sort under warranty along with my steering wheel peeling a bit on the top

Comment

My understanding is that the issue is with the electrical connector plug on the heat pad. This is why the pad had to be changed. It wasn't the pad at fault just the connector block, so its possible to get it working again without replacing any parts, just redo or bypass wiring to plug. Common fault especially on older cars.

Comment

mines a 2016 ,i know there was a problem with older cars but i thought this was all sorted with newer ones

Comment

Originally posted by tonyord View Post
                      mines a 2016 ,i know there was a problem with older cars but i thought this was all sorted with newer ones
                      You'd think so. But its probably the same part which had more 'stringent' quality control applied. My '12 and wifes '14 no issues. Touch wood.

Comment

just had this done today and i was nice and warm on way back home
                        Great job done by sherwoods vauxhall stockton on tees

Comment

How much did this cost you Tonyord?

Comment

Nothing as car was under warranty at the time …. 2 years ago now but still working great

Comment

Wish mine was. Been looking on eBay for the element so I could have a go to replace myself but one place said my reg didn’t match up to the pad they had!

Comment

Working...
                              X