Headlamp problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
    Lewish if you read post 1 you will see that the headlights are showing coming on/off on the dash but the lights when youget out and look are not on---seem to work then don't that's why I said look at the relays----Dave
    Also that when they DO come on they flash on and off (full to dipped and back again). I'm going to speak to an auto electrician on Monday. As I said in a previous post I spoke to the garage this morning. They said they hadn't actually looked at MY car relay box. They were referring back to another Vauxhall (Meriva i think) that had the relays soldered in (or welded in as they first said). I'm sure this can't be a complicated and highly expensive fix as the garage are indicating. The lights DO work now...but only when i pull the stalk towards me and then push it away to the full on position. At least the car has personality!!

Comment

Are you sure they are not the AFL lights doing their dance? Does your car have high beam assist?
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

No they’re no AFL’s.

Comment

NOT AFL’s went all Scottish there 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Janey View Post
            NOT AFL’s went all Scottish there ��
            Oi......a hope yer no rippin the pish oot oor accent?

Comment

AH knew it wouldn't be long before you appeared Rab----get them English told------Dave

Comment

AH knew it wouldn't be long before you appeared Rab----get them English told------Dave
                Canny hae ony racism on a public forum Dave

Comment

Too true---i'm not English either i'm a GEORDIE and proud of it-----Dave

Comment

Too true---i'm not English either i'm a GEORDIE and proud of it-----Dave

Comment

Sheep country me!!
                      Last edited by Howy; 02-11-2019, 06:42 PM.
                      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

And the saga goes on! I spoke directly to an auto electrician this morning. Apparently the relays are not plug and play?! Although the square boxy things in my fuse box which I assume are relays DO pull out and push in!? He says that it’ll probably need a whole new “Unit” and that’ll need reprogramming all I see is ££££££££££!!!! Having said all that my main beam was okay this weekend as long as I do the pulling the stalk towards me and pushing away thing and most importantly NO flashing flickering main beam. I’m tempted to limp on for the time being but can I ask this please...? Are the box like plugs in the fuse compartment under the bonnet relays? If they are then they are most certainly not soldered in as I managed to pull one out quite easily this morning...and plug it back in again?

Comment

Yes they are relays, what I done when I had my vectra was to buy a used engine bay fuse box from eBay that had all the relays and fuses in it--cheapest way to buy the complete item and you have many spares, quite cheap too - - Dave

Comment

Ahhh the mist clears! Just spoken to the garage they are saying it could be the ECU! I’m sure that’s a gross over exaggeration! But the man I usually deal with at the garage is back off his hols now and says they’ve not even checked the relays yet! Bloody hell they know how to scare me! I’m not the sort of girlie who’ll sit back and accept what I’m told I’m afraid I’ll do as much research as possible. Dave...and everyone else who’s taken time to contribute to this thank you all so much x

Comment

Hello Janey . first off the auto electrician did he actually look at your car or was he trying to frighten you ? If he did .it's like me trying to diagnose a central heating problem over the phone .you just don't do it .
                              As Dave says they are relays .
                              Secondly garage saying it's the ECU .............. Trollop ( excuse the English)
                              They should check the basics first which they haven't done.

.K.M.P.C.U
                              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

So no. Neither the garage nor the Auto electrical guy have looked at the relays and the Auto guy hasn’t even seen the car. I’m going to get a spare fuse unit like Dave said off eBay and change the relays first and if that doesn’t work then and ONLY then will I speak to the garage. In fairness I really do trust the guy I spoke to today at the garage. He sort of confirmed all you just said.

Comment

Working...
                                X