Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What originally brought you to the forum?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What originally brought you to the forum?

We have a wide and varied mix of members on the forum and I wondered what first brought you here? Were you looking to join a group or did you find us due to an issue with your car?

I first found the forum (IE in those days) late 2014 when I realised my rear tailgate lights didn't illuminate. A search for answers brought me to the forum and I've been here ever since. Being part of this group played it's part in my decision to stay with the Insignia when I replaced my previous one in 2017 and so far I have no plans to replace my current one any time soon.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

I thought it was a forum to discuss the aftershave from the 80's

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l400.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	246792

Comment

Seriously tho.......as I've had Vauxhall's since the days before I was legal to drive, I was a member of the VX4/90 driver's club back in the day when they sent you out a bi-monthly magazine etc.
      Then when we went to decimalisation, colour TV, electric lights and internet, I joined vauxhall forums went they eventually kicked in.
      So....fast forward to the Vectra B - I was a member of Vectra-Sport, then things happened within the club and VVOC was born.
      I was member number 31 as I joined on the day it was formed.
      I then went onto join the ill fated ClubVec.

Onto Vectra C forum ( been a member since 2003 ) and when I bought the Insignia, I searched for an Insignia forum as Vectra C forum, wasnt catering much for the Insignias.

So, for me, personally, it's been a natural progression.
      Not because I had issues with the car, I just liked the community spirit it created.

And if I ever needed help, then I knew where to look.

Out of all the forums, this is probably the best forum there's been.
      Although Its on par with the early days of Vectra C forum.

Comment

I joined the vec c oc back in 2009 when I was considering buying my Vectra. The forum members convinced me to go for it so I did. And again in 2017 when I bought my insignia A. Members from the vec c oc led me over to this forum. I couldn’t think of owning a car now and not being part of a forum / owners club. So much help and advice and also the banter is great.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
          Seriously tho.......as I've had Vauxhall's since the days before I was legal to drive, I was a member of the VX4/90 driver's club back in the day when they sent you out a bi-monthly magazine etc.
          Then when we went to decimalisation, colour TV, electric lights and internet, I joined vauxhall forums went they eventually kicked in.
          So....fast forward to the Vectra B - I was a member of Vectra-Sport, then things happened within the club and VVOC was born.
          I was member number 31 as I joined on the day it was formed.
          I then went onto join the ill fated ClubVec.

Onto Vectra C forum ( been a member since 2003 ) and when I bought the Insignia, I searched for an Insignia forum as Vectra C forum, wasnt catering much for the Insignias.

So, for me, personally, it's been a natural progression.
          Not because I had issues with the car, I just liked the community spirit it created.

And if I ever needed help, then I knew where to look.

Out of all the forums, this is probably the best forum there's been.
          Although Its on par with the early days of Vectra C forum.
          Without blowing smoke up the you know what, its members like yourself that makes the forums such a great place . Such a massive amount of knowledge and experience on Vauxhall’s . Back in 2009 I knew nothing about the vec c but with help from members on the forum I ended up doing up most the service and repair work myself the entire time I owned the car. I do the same with my insignia now. I’m a heating engineer by trade but I knew my limits when it came to cars but with having the advice and help from guys on the forum who had that experience I must have saved a huge amount on garage fees doing it myself.
          I’m not sure when the vec c forum started but I joined as I sat in 2009 and it was a great forum. Unrecognisable today as it was a few years ago in my opinion . Hence why I joined here .

Comment

I originally joined the old Insignia enthusiasts site in October 2013 the week after I got my 1st Insignia,just to get more info about the model. I really rushed into buying that one,and after seeing the better specced ones (1st one was an Exclusiv spec) ,that's how I got into insignia tinkering ,after seeing others with their add ons,modifications, etc ,and ive not stopped since .

Met quite a few members from here in person ,from meets etc,and other situations....and have to say,,theyve all been a great set of lads..like minded enthusiasts (or nutters) like myself .
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I'v owed Vauxhalls since the 1980's always did most of my maintenance task with my trusted Haynes Manual, Never had a lappy until I was given one as a retirement gift. First forum I was on was Caravanning 4 you (still am) Towing with an Omega. A forummite ANDYB picked up I was towing with an Omega and suggest I join the Omega Forum, which I did, after many miles, I bought my first Insignia and looked for and Joined an Insignia Forum that spluttered along, until I got a message to join this one. Pop in most days.
              Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Robbo81 View Post
                Without blowing smoke up the you know what, its members like yourself that makes the forums such a great place . Such a massive amount of knowledge and experience on Vauxhall’s . Back in 2009 I knew nothing about the vec c but with help from members on the forum I ended up doing up most the service and repair work myself the entire time I owned the car. I do the same with my insignia now. I’m a heating engineer by trade but I knew my limits when it came to cars but with having the advice and help from guys on the forum who had that experience I must have saved a huge amount on garage fees doing it myself.
                I’m not sure when the vec c forum started but I joined as I sat in 2009 and it was a great forum. Unrecognisable today as it was a few years ago in my opinion . Hence why I joined here .
                Cheers pal....100% agree with you about the ability to do stuff by yourself.
                You start off as a novice and end up not having to pay out for jobs done that you normally would have in the past.
                I agree with you about the forum, it's a shadow if it's former self, but there's still a wealth of information out there on the forum as there are still guys buying the last of the Vectra C as a new car for them.
                There's a lot of decent members on their too......but like every forum, it's got it's bampots too, who can't tell their arse from their elbow and want mollycoddled with everything.
                On the Vectra C forum at one time, the banter was brilliant....but it died a death.
                This is a great forum.......and plenty of banter too.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                  Cheers pal....100% agree with you about the ability to do stuff by yourself.
                  You start off as a novice and end up not having to pay out for jobs done that you normally would have in the past.
                  I agree with you about the forum, it's a shadow if it's former self, but there's still a wealth of information out there on the forum as there are still guys buying the last of the Vectra C as a new car for them.
                  There's a lot of decent members on their too......but like every forum, it's got it's bampots too, who can't tell their arse from their elbow and want mollycoddled with everything.
                  On the Vectra C forum at one time, the banter was brilliant....but it died a death.
                  This is a great forum.......and plenty of banter too.
                  Couldn’t agree more. And yes I should have said vec c still has a lot of good members

Comment

The first forum I ever joined was Vectra C. Then when I replaced the vectra, I joined Insignia enthusiasts (still got the stickers on the rear quarter windows to prove it, need to take them of.) and when that kept going off line, I joined this forum. I have to say this is the best one ever. The banter and the members are all good. Especially how the moderators on here do such a good job and at the same time being so well laid back. Keep up the good job guys. So all in all, no complaints from me.
                    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Tbh I joined the forum for help, my siggy wasn't too well having some issues pumping oil around it's heart. Upon joining I soon felt welcome with the response I got to the issues we were having, I've always loved cars from a young age, my first VX was in the 80s and have always had a soft spot for VX having owned Nova's, Astra's, cavvys, vectras in the past I'm now onto the insignia.
                      Don't get me wrong I've had other brands in amongst the VX's like ford, Peugeot, BMW, VW etc, but I always seem to fall back on VX.
                      The help and banter was the biggest part why I've became an active member, I hope that one day I can offer the assistance to someone at some point that was offered to us.
                      Failing that ad still be here for the banter and ideas of what can be done.
                      Modify Modify Modify...
                      Built not bought!

Comment

Originally posted by Robbo81 View Post
                        Without blowing smoke up the you know what, .
                        You never know, he might like it.
                        Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
                          i'll try anything...…………...twice

Comment

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
                            I tried it once and it made my bottom cheeks go yellow .
                            But it was impressive when I joined the red arrows on a fly past over Buckingham palace, and did a loop-de-loop !

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                              I tried it once and it made my bottom cheeks go yellow .
                              But it was impressive when I joined the red arrows on a fly past over Buckingham palace, and did a loop-de-loop !
                              OMFG

Comment

Working...
                              X