• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eddier1558 View Post
    Mine are:
    Software =23427524
    Gracenote=23427515
    Map=23196614

Had a really good chat with the dealer today and they will check when she goes in on 5th December (for a headlight issue) but they have warned me that if they need an update I am liable for costs which are likely to be about 2hrs labour (£110 ish) although he'll chat to me at the time. Has suggested that if the software is up to date it could be a radio fault which is a warranty item for me.
    Hopefully its a warranty job [emoji846]

Comment

Oops, should have read this before I posted another thread. I have a similar car with the same issue on the memory card. Not the other issues though.

What memory cards did you try as I thought that might be the issue too.
      I have purchased a new SD card and re-copied music to it and all seems OK so far, not stopping during a track. So it may be down to a SD card issue. I bought the item below from Amazon for £7.50.

SanDisk Ultra 16 GB SDHC Class 10 Memory Card up to 80 Mbps. Hopefully it will keep working OK.

I hope this helps.
      Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Andyk View Post
        I have purchased a new SD card and re-copied music to it and all seems OK so far, not stopping during a track. So it may be down to a SD card issue. I bought the item below from Amazon for £7.50.

SanDisk Ultra 16 GB SDHC Class 10 Memory Card up to 80 Mbps. Hopefully it will keep working OK.

I hope this helps.
        Andy
        Cheers Andy. Mine is booked in for 5th and I'll let them have a rummage around inside the thing to see what they come up with in respect of software version etc. If all comes up sweet then I'll follow suit and try the same card you are using. The one I have in is a Kingston and the same class 10 but is only 30mb/s so that could be the issue. I'll come back on here when I hear back from VX.

Comment

Mine are:
          Software =23427524
          Gracenote=23427515
          Map=23196614

Had a really good chat with the dealer today and they will check when she goes in on 5th December (for a headlight issue) but they have warned me that if they need an update I am liable for costs which are likely to be about 2hrs labour (£110 ish) although he'll chat to me at the time.
          I think he's trying to have your pants down. If there is an update, this is obviously to address a fault meaning that the equipment is not functioning as it was designed to. So why should you foot the bill? Would they charge you for a safety update e.g. brakes? I bet they wouldn't because they'd have to do the update even if you refused to pay. I don't see why any update should be any different. I've never paid for any of the updates on my Insignia. Dealers like this just make my blood boil
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
            I think he's trying to have your pants down. If there is an update, this is obviously to address a fault meaning that the equipment is not functioning as it was designed to. So why should you foot the bill? Would they charge you for a safety update e.g. brakes? I bet they wouldn't because they'd have to do the update even if you refused to pay. I don't see why any update should be any different. I've never paid for any of the updates on my Insignia. Dealers like this just make my blood boil
            Me neither although neither of my last few vx’s have been over 3 yrs old so not sure if they’re free when under warranty.

Comment

Maybe depends why it needs an upgrade. Safety issues would be for the life of the equipment you would imagine but even companies like Microsoft stop supporting and updating their software after a while.

That said, you make a good, if slightly angry point. To be honest I don't think I'll pay for the upgrade anyway, 2hrs he quoted for what is at least 10 mins work to start the upgrade and check it worked. Maybe another 10 to download from VX in the first place.

I'm using aVX dealer that has been good to me in the past both in terms of charging and of actual service/advice so at this point I am prepared to listen to what they say, never been one to shy from a 'discussion' though if required and they know that too.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Ok, software is out of date but they tell me it's unlikely that the update will sort the skipping issue. Dealer thinks my card is too slow to read and that's what's causing the issue which ties in with Andy's faster card working. I'll try that now and see how we go. Andy, is yours still working ok?

Comment

So you're not having the software update then?
                  Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

So you're not having the software update then?
                    No, no update. Pushed to get it done, pretty much using your argument, but it wasn't happening. Got the hold of the tech eventually and it was him that told me about the read speed, the front desk service guys didn't want to know today.

Car is back in a few days to get a new axle level sensor fitted and I might try again but there was no traction on it today at all.

Comment

Ok, software is out of date but they tell me it's unlikely that the update will sort the skipping issue. Dealer thinks my card is too slow to read and that's what's causing the issue which ties in with Andy's faster card working. I'll try that now and see how we go. Andy, is yours still working ok?
                      Still working OK

Andy

Comment

Eddier

Did the new SD card work OK for you?

Andy

Comment

Eddier

Did the new SD card work OK for you?

Andy
                          Never got round to it yet, it was fine for a while there but the skipping is back today. Yours still working? I'll sort it soon, might see what sort of cards come up in the sales, I presume as long as its a fast one from a reputable manufacturer it'll be fine.

Comment

Never got round to it yet, it was fine for a while there but the skipping is back today. Yours still working? I'll sort it soon, might see what sort of cards come up in the sales, I presume as long as its a fast one from a reputable manufacturer it'll be fine.
                            Still working OK

Comment

Still working OK
                              Ok, new 80mb/s card in and working for a while now. No issues. Seems the read speed may have been the issue. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Glad it is sorted

Andy

Comment

Working...
                                X