sat nav screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sat nav screen

came out tonight the sat nav screen was showing warning about looking at the screen can cause accidents etc. cleared the screen the radio came back on for about 10 secs then the screen went black (music was still playing) then the cycle repeats itself.

2016 sri nav

any ideas

The warning is a periodic one. Did it on my facelift and does it on my current one. As for the blank screen. Have you locked the car, left it for a few minutes then checked to see if it's cleared. Could just be a glitch. The 2014 fl was well known for it. 2015 onward seemed to have better software so far less common.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Have u got anything plugged into usb? Mine did this and my mate was charging his phone via usb. Pulled it out and hey presto.

2014 Insignia Facelift, 2.0 CDTI, Ecoflex S/S

Comment

Nothing left it overnight still the same guess its a trip to the stealers then thank fook for warranty

Comment

Try disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes. This usally resets a lot of electrical gremlins
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
            Try disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes. This usally resets a lot of electrical gremlins

Thanks mate wont it lose all memory function i.e will I need to re-input radio code?

Comment

No, there is no radio code. The only thing you'll be asked to do when you re connect the battery is wind each window down and back up when it asks.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thanks will give it a try ------ Tried that no joy a trip to the stealers it is then

Comment

Had you had the car in direct sunlight so the unit had got hot? Mine (non-nav f/l) has a habit of playing up when it's hot - the screen will either go blank or just shows 'AM 630' no matter what channel I tune it to and won't turn off via the power button.
                  Electrical gremlins are sponsored by Vauxhall, it seems.

Comment

LOL no its in Manchester its always pissing down its booked in friday for that and the clicking clutch pedal

Comment

Clicking clutch pedal will most likely be the pedal box needing replacing. Had mine done under warranty
                      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by shepster1966 View Post
                        LOL no its in Manchester its always pissing down its booked in friday for that and the clicking clutch pedal
                        We have the pissing down problem in york too it seems [emoji23][emoji23]

2014 Insignia Facelift, 2.0 CDTI, Ecoflex S/S

Comment

Apparently there is a recall for this fault I was speaking with a lad at work who got his on mobility he has had a letter asking him to take it in for this!!

Comment

Click this link https://my.gm.com/recalls (link courtesy of Defie) and stick your vin number in and see if yours has a recall.

Comment

New slave cylinder for clicking pedal and a new head unit on order forvthe Sat nav 😨 20 months old and 25k on the clock

Comment

Working...
                              X