No announcement yet.

Tyres... Nankank NS-2 (255.35.20)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also ran Nexen on my old Vectra C - most dangerous tyre I've ever used - removed and threw away after 3 weeks (and a new set of not needed shock absorbers!!)

Landsails seem to get amazing reviews online and by many on here - well within your budget:

Not too bad a review online for the price:
    https://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/L.../LS588-UHP.htm - and better than the Nexen on reviews: https://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Nexen/N8000.htm

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
      I absolutly loved the Kumhos on my previous siggy on 18" alloys with no issue whatsoever they were a great tyre, and I continued this on to my next siggy on 20" rims. But whatever you do do not put Kumho's KU39's on 20" alloys. Yes they are a great tyre overall for grip,efficiency and noise, but not on 20"s. Every single one I've had had, the side wall seperate and led to failure through loss of pressure. Twice I was left at the side of the road. It never happened with any other tyre brand before I fitted them or after I stopped fitting Kumhos. Through correspondance Kumho did not want to know about any issues I raised which is a bit of a dissapointmet. The issue I have is with the specific tyre size not the brand. The sidewall is not capable for the loadings on 20" rims.
      great tyres indeed,... but never managed more than 10k miles from the front.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
        great tyres indeed,... but never managed more than 10k miles from the front.
        Yup that would have been what I was getting from the fronts. I dont think, for the money, they were below average though. I had a set of Conti somethings, which I thought were going to be a good buy, untill I realised they came with 6.5mm of thread from new. Not the standard 8mm. Yes they were great but with that threadlife, Never again.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
          Yup that would have been what I was getting from the fronts. I dont think, for the money, they were below average though. I had a set of Conti somethings, which I thought were going to be a good buy, untill I realised they came with 6.5mm of thread from new. Not the standard 8mm. Yes they were great but with that threadlife, Never again.
          I ran Kumho and vredestein on my Vectra XP2 which had 18" wheels. Tyres fitted were £135 to £145 each at the time. At 10k miles, didn't represent good value. My Insignia VXLine with 19" Atomics, I fitted Goodyear Assymetrics on.. £163 each at the time and nearly 30k miles from the front, and in my opinion, better performance. Lasting 3 times more than the Kumho/Vredestein for only £30 more. MUCH cheaper.

Bought my Grandsport at 10k miles, front 2 Contis were nearly gone. So these as you say, hove less tread, and clearly wear fast. Fitted 4 new Goodyear Assymetrics (20") at £180 each - been on a year and 2 months, 15k miles in and still have 4mm on the fronts left. Should hit 25k miles

I won't buy anything else now, excellent tyres and so much cheaper in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
            I ran Kumho and vredestein on my Vectra XP2 which had 18" wheels. Tyres fitted were £135 to £145 each at the time. At 10k miles, didn't represent good value. My Insignia VXLine with 19" Atomics, I fitted Goodyear Assymetrics on.. £163 each at the time and nearly 30k miles from the front, and in my opinion, better performance. Lasting 3 times more than the Kumho/Vredestein for only £30 more. MUCH cheaper.

Bought my Grandsport at 10k miles, front 2 Contis were nearly gone. So these as you say, hove less tread, and clearly wear fast. Fitted 4 new Goodyear Assymetrics (20") at £180 each - been on a year and 2 months, 15k miles in and still have 4mm on the fronts left. Should hit 25k miles

I won't buy anything else now, excellent tyres and so much cheaper in the long run.
            Wise words. Some love the cheaper tyres but I think they cost more in the long run, plus depending on the tyre you are comprising safety regarding stopping distances etc. I've done it too. To be honest I sometimes (when I dont have the cash) avoid the big brands which as you say would actually save money in the long term. I am honestly of the opinion certain tyres suit certain cars. At a year and two months I'd have covered over 32k miles on your Goodyears, the'd be down to the rims by now.. You buy what you can afford at the time.

Comment

Working...
            X