Electronic problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic problem?

Driving my 2010 insignia this morning, everything was fine and suddenly dash lit up like a Christmas tree with MSG's saying tyre sensor locations unknown, service parking assist. The engine then cut out and wouldn't start.. lost the handbrake, it's electronic, for next 10mins the car didn't start.

When it finally did told me to open and close each window one after the other.

Anyone had owt similar happen, gotta say I've only had this car 2 mths but mores gone wrong with it than the 2 yrs i had my focus. Hoping it's just bad luck

Check battery connections are solid mate, sounds like it’s lost its connection momentarily

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

Recovery came out. Checked battery for charging and for health all was ok. Connections were tight. He did say potentially loose or worn earth lead?

Comment

I'd be interested to know more too. My 2012 Sport Tourer is doing the same.... started last week.

Comment

I disconnected the battery. Cleaned all terminals, used petroleum jelly on connections cleaned earth connection to body and drove to coast today, 200mile round trip. No issues at all .

Comment

Milk two sugars in mine please pal [emoji106]

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

Originally posted by Ady View Post
              I'd be interested to know more too. My 2012 Sport Tourer is doing the same.... started last week.
              On the tourer check in the right rear flap in the boot. My tailgate control module was soaking wet and rain had got in. That was the cause of my symptoms

Comment

I'll check it thanks for all info.. the earth tho while wasn't bad was a bit corroded maybe that was issue

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                  On the tourer check in the right rear flap in the boot. My tailgate control module was soaking wet and rain had got in. That was the cause of my symptoms
                  Thanks for the info, much appreciated. This is the second person to suggest water getting into the boot however; the other guy had water travel up the car to a module under the drivers wheel arch!?! Haven't checked this out but surprised to hear water could travel that far up the car.

Comment

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. This is the second person to suggest water getting into the boot however; the other guy had water travel up the car to a module under the drivers wheel arch!?! Haven't checked this out but surprised to hear water could travel that far up the car.
                    Depends on where and how car is driven. I could get water in headlining above drivers head if I drove it in the Humber

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                      Depends on where and how car is driven. I could get water in headlining above drivers head if I drove it in the Humber
                      Or petrol on the mat and a naked flame should dry it out!?! Lol.

Comment

On mine it was coming un from the right hand side at the top. Under the plastic cover at the top there is a bung which needed resealing with mastic

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                          On mine it was coming un from the right hand side at the top. Under the plastic cover at the top there is a bung which needed resealing with mastic
                          Thanks Ian! I'm a mere office woman but today I turned car technician and discovered mine too is leaking in the same place. My module is now out of the car and drying (it was wet). I will reseal the bungs tomorrow, seal the module once dry and put it back. Shame VX dealer advised it would be too expensive for repair!?! I felt more stress dealing with them than carrying out the job myself. It cost me a few hours and a couple of nails! :-) Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks Ian! I'm a mere office woman but today I turned car technician and discovered mine too is leaking in the same place. My module is now out of the car and drying (it was wet). I will reseal the bungs tomorrow, seal the module once dry and put it back. Shame VX dealer advised it would be too expensive for repair!?! I felt more stress dealing with them than carrying out the job myself. It cost me a few hours and a couple of nails! :-) Thanks again.
                            No problem glad you found the problem. Have you taken the whole module apart? Also what I forgot to say to is youul probably find that the motor above the module there is a casing around that that has foam sponge inside that to was absolutely soakin to and i took it out and dried it on a radiator for a day.
                            You may find that the module has a snapped pin on one of the connectors. Solved this by getting a sewing neddle and cutting it down to the same size as the pins. The tailgate wouldn’t open until i had done this

Comment

Well mine has been behaving til today when it randomly told me to open and close all the windows again. Only this time the engine didn't die n no lights on the dash went off.. starting to annoy me now

Comment

Working...
                              X