Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a new car

Good evening

don't know if this is the right place to post this and i apologise in advance if i have put it in the wrong place.

I hope a few members on here may be able to make my mind up in relation to the purchase of a Insignia estate since 2002 I've had two KIA Sedonas both bought new and still doing 300+ miles a week in the second one now all the kids have grown up i thought i’d go back to a estate car but i would still like to tow my caravan a twin axle Carlight so need a car with a bit of weight and ideally less VED than my Auto Sedona currently costs me £567 a year.

As i have had my present car for nearly 12 years i would like to keep my next car for at least 8 to 10 years so started looking on Auto-trader for low mileage estates and noticed that the Insignia is considerably less money than other manufacturers offerings,being a tight Yorkshireman was considering buying one but just started looking on the internet for known issues and started to worry that perhaps there's good reason it seems to be all doom and gloom.The motoring press keep banging on about BMW VW Skoda Mondeo but all i need is a car that's been as good or better than my Sedona a car that according to the experts are load of rubbish yet have proved very reliable to me never had to use the warranty and are so simple to service as i do all my own servicing.

I have tried to spot a owner of one when I've been out and about but you just don't see any in my neck of the woods, i'm not looking for a racing car just reliable motoring not even bothered about Carlos Fandango wheels,satnav or leather a base model would be fine just low mileage that's only going to cost me oil, tyres,pads, be a bit better on diesel and cost less to tax. Hope that you can allay any doubts i may have in my next purchase.

Thank You

Originally posted by Disco UK View Post
    Good evening

don't know if this is the right place to post this and i apologise in advance if i have put it in the wrong place.

I hope a few members on here may be able to make my mind up in relation to the purchase of a Insignia estate since 2002 I've had two KIA Sedonas both bought new and still doing 300+ miles a week in the second one now all the kids have grown up i thought i’d go back to a estate car but i would still like to tow my caravan a twin axle Carlight so need a car with a bit of weight and ideally less VED than my Auto Sedona currently costs me £567 a year.

As i have had my present car for nearly 12 years i would like to keep my next car for at least 8 to 10 years so started looking on Auto-trader for low mileage estates and noticed that the Insignia is considerably less money than other manufacturers offerings,being a tight Yorkshireman was considering buying one but just started looking on the internet for known issues and started to worry that perhaps there's good reason it seems to be all doom and gloom.The motoring press keep banging on about BMW VW Skoda Mondeo but all i need is a car that's been as good or better than my Sedona a car that according to the experts are load of rubbish yet have proved very reliable to me never had to use the warranty and are so simple to service as i do all my own servicing.

I have tried to spot a owner of one when I've been out and about but you just don't see any in my neck of the woods, i'm not looking for a racing car just reliable motoring not even bothered about Carlos Fandango wheels,satnav or leather a base model would be fine just low mileage that's only going to cost me oil, tyres,pads, be a bit better on diesel and cost less to tax. Hope that you can allay any doubts i may have in my next purchase.

Thank You
    Any of the newer 2l Diesels for towing, as for GS most are petrol, don't know how they tow.
    Are you looking for nearly new, or a few years old?

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Evening I've been looking at 15/65 plate Eco flex 2.0 diesels just a bit worried as i don't know anyone who as owned one

Comment

Hi,

The age you're looking for are the Insignia A facelifts. They have been relatively trouble free engine wise. Most of the issues in earlier pre facelift models have been ironed out (oil pick up seal etc...). A low mileage well maintained example should give you many miles and the longevity you're looking for. I'd be looking for the 163ps 2.0l over the 140ps 2.0l to comfortably pull the caravan.

There are a lot of 163ps owners around the forum so hopefully they'll give you their experience.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Welcome
          LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

If you're pulling a twin axle caravan, you'll probably need to go for the facelift version (63 on I think), not the newer Grand Sport as they have shaved about 100kg off the weight of the car!

Comment

Hello and welcome,having just bought mine a few months ago--after having a Vectra--I am well pleased with mine and would recommend the Insignia,mine's the 163 and it pulls like a train,i think it pays to give the car regular services and that should keep the car in a good running condition.You are going to have some problems like any other car but plenty of advice is always available on this forum.heres mineClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1832.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	242912-----Dave

Comment

Welcome buddy

Comment

I have the perfect car for you (take a look on for sale section) it's done 30,000 mile.

Comment

Working...
                  X