No announcement yet.

Navi 600 to Aftermarket Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=nick.b;251358]In that case you don't want to start putting amps in as that will involve you drilling into bits of the car.

What you want is a set of speakers that drop in and use the o.e headunit's power (no amps no lc2i). That will give you a massive boost in SQ.

I've always been told that if you don't change the headunit and upgrade the speakers you will actually loose SQ. Thats why have been looking into the amp and stuff.

Just for the record would I still be able to use an amp by itself without the lc2i? I'm thinking for £25 it might be worthing just getting the amp anyhow.
    C4 Grand Picasso 2015 Exclusive.

Comment

Every o.e head unit has a built in EQ to compensate for the cheap speakers.

The above type speakers (low wrms) are designed to work with that factory EQ to give you a boost in SQ.

In order to use an amp you would have to have speakers capable of handling the power from the amp.

That means power and ground cables, speaker cable. Drilling into the molex (see pic) and running cable through. A lot of hassle if you might get rid of the car soon.

Comment

I'm gonna have to think this through a little more...

Comment

Lol audio is a pain in the arse, once you start it's a bit like the detailing bug.

Only thing with audio is you can rip it all out of one (minus deadening) and put it in another.

Comment

?
            Originally posted by nick.b View Post
            Lol audio is a pain in the arse, once you start it's a bit like the detailing bug.

Only thing with audio is you can rip it all out of one (minus deadening) and put it in another.
            See my problem is normally I'll either not do it, or go all out and for some reason make sure I have everything (even when not needed) that's why I was restricting the budget.

A friend of mine introduced me to detailing, him being smart all AG products (they do work really well tbh) from Amazon, but me I was like £500 down within the first few months!!

Back in the days, when I was at college they used have car equalizers. Are those still about and would that be a decent compromise?

Comment

Navi 600 to Aftermarket Unit

I'm several hundred down from detailing but to me it's money well spent.

What an equaliser or dsp (electronic equaliser with more functions) can do is reverse the built in headunit EQ to allow for a flat signal curve then tune it to your preferred sound.

But they are both expensive like everything else .

Edit: some equalisers have high level inputs (like lc2i) and can do both create rca connections and do can do the EQ.

E.g https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310794688672

But that's the same price as a dsp which is more powerful etc

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 32bit DSP 6 Inputs / 5 Outputs Digital Sound Processor EQ Audison Bit Ten at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

Comment

I've kerbed my detailing budget BIG time. With all the (not needed) products I think I could open up a detailing business for a year or so and still have stuff left over. You wouldn't believe it but it all started over a 2007 Renault Scenic.

The kind of EQ I was talking about is something like this. Those were the days.........

I really do think I'm going to have to re-think this, or go down the used market route. See if it's high end gear, then like you said rip out and chuck it into the next one. My extra tight budget route you wouldn't really be bothered if you left bits in.

Comment

Yea I don't want to think about how much I've spent on detailing.

I've never had experience with the old EQ stuff but suppose it works.

For some of my gear I've went down the second hand route or discontinued lines to get "high end brand" (audison, hertz, focal etc) stuff cheaper.

When I say "high end" I mean like normal high end not really high end stuff like...the focal ultima and or scanspeaks, dynaudio etc. That's mental prices 20k plus for a set of speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by cdub View Post
                    No Problem, here is what mine looks like:

In fairness if your thinking about doing it yourself and you've never done a car stereo install before don't bother.. its a horrible job! Ive done a few and know my way around but even this took me and a mate a day of sweating & swearing.

Pro's

Touchscreen
                    Sound Quality is 10x better (I have replaced all components and have a 12" Sub. All amplified)
                    DAB (I didn't have it)
                    Bluetooth (I didn't have it)
                    iPhone integration
                    Multiple NAV apps to choose from

Cons,

Its an ass to fit.
                    you lose access to the cars menu as previously stated. Not that big of a deal as long all your settings are as you want them.
                    Some fascia's do not fit properly so you have to make sure you have the correct one
                    Cost - the fitting kit for mine was £160 and that was at a discount!

Basically its personal preference. I bought the car second hand and it didn't have DAB or Bluetooth so I survived with a Parrot kit for a while.. but then the head unit blew and they wouldn't replace it under warranty... because of the Parrot kit!! (My work paid to have this installed). They wanted stupid money to replace the head unit so I decided to go with aftermarket.

I hope that helps.. mine is a pre facelift model that makes it even harder apparently.. so facelifts are easier..
                    Apologies for digging up an old thread. Do you have links to the fitting kits etc?

I’d like to fit a double din Apple CarPlay aftermarket unit in my car but I’m being told it cannot be done.

I have the cd500 navi which is an older version of the 600 I’m told.

I just want to change the head-unit not speakers or amps etc.

Thanks.

Comment

When you buy the headunit you will be giving some options on the fitting kit - mine was a Pioneer to Vauxhall harness adapter. All depends on what head unit you buy really
                      2013 Insignia 2.0 CDTi SRi NAV

My Photography - https://www.facebook.com/charleswhitephotography & www.charles-white-photography.com

Comment

I’m looking at a Kenwood one from Halfords. They want to look at the car first to see if It can be installed.

I’ve contacted an independent installer who’s said that they cannot install an aftermarket unit due to it being a factory nav.

So I’m a bit confused now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mcbane14 View Post
                          I’m looking at a Kenwood one from Halfords. They want to look at the car first to see if It can be installed.

I’ve contacted an independent installer who’s said that they cannot install an aftermarket unit due to it being a factory nav.

So I’m a bit confused now.
                          You lose the top screen.
                          A forum community dedicated to Opel Vauxhall Mokka owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, reviews, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!

Comment

Originally posted by cdub View Post
                            When you buy the headunit you will be giving some options on the fitting kit - mine was a Pioneer to Vauxhall harness adapter. All depends on what head unit you buy really
                            Did you retain any info on the factory nav screen or is it completely redundant now?

Comment

Originally posted by Mcbane14 View Post
                              Did you retain any info on the factory nav screen or is it completely redundant now?
                              Its completely disconnected so I use it as a phone holder suction plate - to be fair the screen in mine was on its way out anyway.

Some important notes to consider before doing this on a pre facelift (Mine is 2013 right on the cut over)

1) you lose access to vehicles electronic settings (Auto locking doors etc) once you unplug the head-unit
                              2) you have to (in my car at least) cut a portion of the dash away to get the aftermarket unit to fit
                              3) the fitting kit is for facelift, they don't make a pre facelift one so it doesn't fit flush but all the fittings are fine, I retained my steering wheel controls and have chimes etc with the supplied speaker.

If you are happy with all the above then crack on.
                              2013 Insignia 2.0 CDTi SRi NAV

My Photography - https://www.facebook.com/charleswhitephotography & www.charles-white-photography.com

Comment

cdub i have asked before but no one helped any idea how i find out if my standard navi 600 is amplified and what do i need for a parrot kit got told i need a 130 patch cable

Comment

Working...
                                X