No announcement yet.

Mpg....well pleased

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did little experiment this morning, drove to work, 13 miles, hardly any traffic, stopped at 55 ish all the way, 2 sets of lights, start stop came on, 59.9 mpg when switched engine off, did get just over 60.

Came home tonight, fairly standard city traffic, 14 minutes to do 2 miles, 26.2mpg, time I got home 44mpg. Really need to stretch this cars legs, 70 miles is longest run I've done since last August. Do drive it through the gears thou [emoji23]

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

That’s good. I get around 45-48 driving to Exeter and back again from Plymouth and that’s sitting at 70!

Comment

Originally posted by Mcbane14 View Post
        That’s good. I get around 45-48 driving to Exeter and back again from Plymouth and that’s sitting at 70!
        No one sits at 70 on the A38

Comment

I do after I got caught sitting above 70 [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

I do after I got caught sitting above 70 [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
            Im amazed that i have never been caught on there. Im regularly above 70

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
              Im amazed that i have never been caught on there. Im regularly above 70
              Keep an eye out for the bridge just after the deep lane junction.

It’s their favourite spot.

Comment

Keep an eye out for the bridge just after the deep lane junction.

It’s their favourite spot.
                I know. Tbh as i go along the A38 my eyes are fixed to the bridges

Comment

Sorry to bust everyone's remapped bubble but I've been led to believe that after a map the trip computer runs off what it believe the car did before and isn't actually accounting for the extra fuel that the car is combusting.

With a extra light foot you I've managed to get crazy figures like attached. I don't believe the car is doing that though.

I worked out once with 63 mpg I was actually getting 56 (still good though).

Below are a few examples of how crazy the figures can be.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
                    Sorry to bust everyone's remapped bubble but I've been led to believe that after a map the trip computer runs off what it believe the car did before and isn't actually accounting for the extra fuel that the car is combusting.
                    I agree.

With a extra light foot you I've managed to get crazy figures like attached. I don't believe the car is doing that though. I worked out once with 63 mpg I was actually getting 56 (still good though).
                    Yes, from what I've seen - including my car - Insignia trip computers are big liars (as are many other cars, not just Vauxhalls). Somewhere between 10-15% exaggeration is not unusual for an Insignia (yours being 12.5% exaggeration). A remapped car's trip computer is likely to be even further from the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
                      I agree.

Yes, from what I've seen - including my car - Insignia trip computers are big liars (as are many other cars, not just Vauxhalls). Somewhere between 10-15% exaggeration is not unusual for an Insignia (yours being 12.5% exaggeration). A remapped car's trip computer is likely to be even further from the truth.
                      I reset trip each tank then compare figures by brimming tank again and working out. Computer always 2-3 mpg over real figures. But surprisingly on trip one which I never reset, and last owner didn't for quite a while, the computer over the last 21000 miles is reading only about 1 mpg over tank to tank figures. Also my average mph figure never gets over 30 mph .

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
                      X