So VX main dealer smashed my bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
    If you get as many enjoyable and trouble free miles as I got from my 2013 2.0 CDTi then you'll be a very happy man!
    I think she's had a new engine.. It's got 42k on the clock and it had the oil changed last week. I've covered about 300 miles and usually the oil goes black by then. It's clean as a whistle (not complaining!) But every other diesel I've had normally doesn't stay so clean at that mileage unless it's new. She certainly looks spotless under the bonnet! Certainly a keeper.

Comment

even a new car, the bumper will look a very slight different colour with the factory paint. I've no idea why, I read it's something to do with it being plastic. Was evident on the Vectra as well.

Comment

I bought my 2013 2.0 CDTi SE in 2014 with 33k on the clock. Over the following 4.5 years I put a further 55k on it, and over that period it averaged around 42mpg. Apart from tyres, brakes, new battery and replacement tailgate opener it was trouble free, and I've now passed it to my daughter's boyfriend. He's had the timing belt and water pump replaced, and it still goes like a dream. Good luck with your new acquisition.
        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
          I bought my 2013 2.0 CDTi SE in 2014 with 33k on the clock. Over the following 4.5 years I put a further 55k on it, and over that period it averaged around 42mpg. Apart from tyres, brakes, new battery and replacement tailgate opener it was trouble free, and I've now passed it to my daughter's boyfriend. He's had the timing belt and water pump replaced, and it still goes like a dream. Good luck with your new acquisition.
          Same also for me - bought my 2014 CDTI VXLine in 2015 with 14k miles on, passed it onto my wife earlier this year with 85k miles on.

Items I bought:
          tyres
          full set brake pads
          cam belt / water pump
          fan belt
          glow plugs
          wiper blades

served as recommended, nothing faulted at all, still runs as new, look new, has just been serviced and oil pick up seal replaced, passed MOT with no advisories - 88k miles

Comment

Originally posted by johngrant1980 View Post
            I think she's had a new engine.. It's got 42k on the clock and it had the oil changed last week. I've covered about 300 miles and usually the oil goes black by then. It's clean as a whistle (not complaining!) But every other diesel I've had normally doesn't stay so clean at that mileage unless it's new. She certainly looks spotless under the bonnet! Certainly a keeper.
            My old, now my wife's 14 plate VXLine on 88k retains the translucent tan/brown colour of the oil - all depends on how they are maintained.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
              Same also for me - bought my 2014 CDTI VXLine in 2015 with 14k miles on, passed it onto my wife earlier this year with 85k miles on.

Items I bought:
              tyres
              full set brake pads
              cam belt / water pump
              fan belt
              glow plugs
              wiper blades

served as recommended, nothing faulted at all, still runs as new, look new, has just been serviced and oil pick up seal replaced, passed MOT with no advisories - 88k miles
              I'm going to get the oil pick up seal done too when it hits around the 80k mark. Although, I'm almost certain this is not the original engine so its probably got plenty of mileage in here before I need it doing.

Comment

johngrant1980 - what makes you think it's had a new engine?

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
                  johngrant1980 - what makes you think it's had a new engine?
                  I could be wrong but I've never known an derv engine at 42k have perfectly clean oil after a few hundred miles. Every time I've changed the oil it normally goes black pretty much after a few miles. This has kept super clean just like it's come out of the showroom and the whole appearance of it looks whistle clean, labels and everything are like new.

Could just be me but it's either been well looked after or recently been swapped out.

Comment

If you think it’s had an engine swap check the number against the V5 to see if it’s matching.

Comment

I had a 10 plate astra ecoflex and the oil looked new for ages

Comment

Originally posted by johngrant1980 View Post
                        I could be wrong but I've never known an derv engine at 42k have perfectly clean oil after a few hundred miles. Every time I've changed the oil it normally goes black pretty much after a few miles. This has kept super clean just like it's come out of the showroom and the whole appearance of it looks whistle clean, labels and everything are like new.

Could just be me but it's either been well looked after or recently been swapped out.
                        As I said in an earlier post, my wife has my old 14 plate CDTI... it's on 88k miles and the oil never changes from the translucent tan brown.

Comment

Working...
                        X