• Changing the dvd800 Navi theme

Is this possible to do, hardwork I bet

Easy as downloading it to a disk or usb stick

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
      Easy as downloading it to a disk or usb stick
      Where would I get the themes from ?

Comment

You will need to unzip them first with winzip or any program that can open zip files

Comment

https://opel-forum.nl/forums/topic/h...vd-800-themes/

You will need to unzip them first with winzip or any program that can open zip files
          Ok mate cheers IL give it a bash later, have you changed your theme ?

Comment

Originally posted by Baz 160 nav View Post
            Ok mate cheers IL give it a bash later, have you changed your theme ?
            Can’t remember which theme it was possibly the carbon one but it gave me 3d maps and also the phone button on the steering wheel doesn’t work with it either

Comment

Can’t remember which theme it was possibly the carbon one but it gave me 3d maps and also the phone button on the steering wheel doesn’t work with it either

I never use the steering wheel button for the phone anyway, I just use the Navi control, is it easy to do

Comment

I would also make a disc of the original software just incase it goes wrong or you don’t like it

Comment

I would also make a disc of the original software just incase it goes wrong or you don’t like it
                  Ok, how would I do that

Comment

Ok so I just read that and I'm like wow I think I'll need to read again and again haha

Comment

Hey Plym Ian, I've tried following the instructions you and the dutch site gave. I downloaded two themes for my my2009 DVD800 system and if I burn the unzipped folder (called 'dnl') to a cd OR if I drag and drop it to a USB stick I just get 'unsupported file' on the car display? I don't suppose you could give me some more step by step instructions please!? I downloaded the 'red' theme and tried that... thanks v much

Comment

Originally posted by 2009InsigAndy View Post
                        Hey Plym Ian, I've tried following the instructions you and the dutch site gave. I downloaded two themes for my my2009 DVD800 system and if I burn the unzipped folder (called 'dnl') to a cd OR if I drag and drop it to a USB stick I just get 'unsupported file' on the car display? I don't suppose you could give me some more step by step instructions please!? I downloaded the 'red' theme and tried that... thanks v much
                        You have to burn them to a disc using a thing called image burn. Basically it puts the files on a cd so that the cd500 can read it.

ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application that everyone should have in their toolkit... and it's free!

Was a while ago when i done this and my memory ain’t great at the best of times!!!!!

Comment

You have to burn them to a disc using a thing called image burn. Basically it puts the files on a cd so that the cd500 can read it.

ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application that everyone should have in their toolkit... and it's free!

Was a while ago when i done this and my memory ain’t great at the best of times!!!!!

Cheers mate! I'll check it out... There are so many folders within the unzipped file that I get the impression I should just burn one of them? I just tried burning the whole lot to a cd and it said unsupported again, now trying to burn the whole lot to a dvd. I have the DVD800 Nav unit so maybe a DVD will work... I did use that Imgburn to convert the main 'dnl' file to an image first..

Comment

Nah, still says unsupported format... This is much harder than I'd have expected. Aaaaaannnndd I've given up thead

Comment

Originally posted by 2009InsigAndy View Post
                              Nah, still says unsupported format... This is much harder than I'd have expected. Aaaaaannnndd I've given up thead
                              Im sure i tried it on a usb and it worked that way to. Just need to unzip and copy

Comment

Working...
                              X