Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Air intake

Good day,

Does anybody know where to find a plug and play cold air intake kit for the insignia?

Insignia 2010 A16LET

Thank you!

If you could find one prob wont be cheap. Your factory setup is already cold air intake.

Comment

Hi Ray,

I mean the open filter like the one in the picture.
      It gives the sound when pushing the gas pedal.

Comment

My 1.8 Insignia I bought a cone and it fitted straight on surely would be the same

Comment

Originally posted by Flick19191 View Post
          My 1.8 Insignia I bought a cone and it fitted straight on surely would be the same
          Hi,

No problems with engine lights or mass air flow sensor or bad idle?

Comment

Nothing mate just took standard out put the cone on was fine I wasn’t too sure so I bought a cheap one but yeah defo works

Comment

Great thanks

Comment

No problem mate

Comment

Just be aware of 'heat soak',cone needs to be away from engine bay heat.
                  Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                  Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                    Just be aware of 'heat soak',cone needs to be away from engine bay heat.
                    So I need to create some kind of box around it.

Comment

Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
                      So I need to create some kind of box around it.
                      Yes.
                      The OEM airbox is sealed with the rubber gasket and screws do it's air tight and has a feed going into it from the front of the car.
                      It's designed this way to stop hot air going into the system.
                      Using a cone filter will only draw warm air in when the engine is at running temperature......most engines don't like this and affects the running.

Comment

Exactly what RBH says , you see some who pop a cone filter on and rest them in the old air box with the lid missing . Thus drawing in hotter / less dense air , a cars optimum running is achieved by drawing in cooler / denser air through ducting at a lower level at the front of the car .
                        If what you were asking about curnch was something like forced air induction. Then due to design constraints without a lot of giggery pokery, what you have at the moment is sufficient.
                        If you were to go down the above route then you would have to draw in enough cold air (from the front and low down to over come the amount of hot air produced naturally by the engine .)
                        The ducting would have to be insulated from the effects of hotter air , the area around where the air filter is would have to be treated in the same way .
                        Something like air conditioning insulation .
                        Or moving the whole lot down low to where the intercooler is placed .
                        Also (and this is the scientific part ) barometric pressure comes into play if you live in areas way above sea level 1020 +/- is the norm .
                        I'm sure on YouTube there's some cleaver jarhead that's done a video .

.K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I used to rest kind of the bottom half of the air box it’s was perfectly fine I found like

Comment

Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
                            Hi Ray,

I mean the open filter like the one in the picture.
                            It gives the sound when pushing the gas pedal.

Do you want it just for the sound?

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                              Do you want it just for the sound?
                              To be honest, yes....

Comment

Working...
                              X