Instrument cluster not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattG View Post
    Start by disconnecting battery for a good half hour, then flow instructions on dash.
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by BodgeItAndScarper View Post
      Noted. Perhaps a message along the lines of 'please introduce yourself in the welcome section before posting a question here' would help, because generally it wouldn't occur to me to do that until I've been on the forum for a bit.

I did start with 'hi'
      when someone joins a forum, its usually a hi, im…..and a little bit about yourself and what model you have.

if you've read the link, then I'm sure you'll see its a bit of a bug bear on here, as theres too many hitting here and running, never to be seen once they've got their answer.

and yep, the hi was noted

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
        You know? You've been quite touchy of late. I put it down to your car issues but since you got them sorted, I think it's because I let the cat out of the bag about your big nipples! If you don't want stuff like that sharing with the community then don't send me the pics when you're drunk!
        Been touchy since meeting you! You forced me to send forged photos. All I wanted was an Insignia Drivers keyring, not all those photo shopped photos of my car sprayed red, the matt black wheels, and the limited to 50mph sticker on the boot. Threatening to post them to my threads and put me at the mercy of Rab, Dave, Dave and rest of the Dave's.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Yeah we are over run with Dave's. They'll be taking over soon like they have that TV channel.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post

Yeah we are over run with Dave's. They'll be taking over soon like they have that TV channel.
            They all maccems also

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
              when someone joins a forum, its usually a hi, im…..and a little bit about yourself and what model you have.

if you've read the link, then I'm sure you'll see its a bit of a bug bear on here, as theres too many hitting here and running, never to be seen once they've got their answer.
              Heh, I did start writing something like that and then deleted it because it didn't strike the right tone - I'm not the collector of a stable of fine classics, I'm an idiot who gets drunk and buys old bangers on Ebay... Plus, writing about me is much harder than writing about cars.

Tbqh, as someone who googles car questions, there is nothing more annoying than the drive-bys who don't pop back to say whether or not the answers helped!

Comment

Heh, I did start writing something like that and then deleted it because it didn't strike the right tone - I'm not the collector of a stable of fine classics, I'm an idiot who gets drunk and buys old bangers on Ebay... Plus, writing about me is much harder than writing about cars.

Tbqh, as someone who googles car questions, there is nothing more annoying than the drive-bys who don't pop back to say whether or not the answers helped!

well.....your actually doing not too bad tbh.
                and I couldn't agree more about the drive bys.

anyway...……...give us all a name and what kinda car you have...……….you'll see were all a easy going bunch on here and you'll get the help and advice you need......except for some.
                PeteH usually doesn't stir until his carer has sorted out his meds and changed his incontinence pad. marko301 will try and convince you into doing your wheels the devils shade MattG will try and get you to move to 'ULL and clean your car for you

and me, ill get you hooked on DFMB's

Comment

Start by disconnecting battery for a good half hour, then flow instructions on dash.
                  Right, done that. First time I started the car, it worked perfectly. The heater controls and heated seats were definitely working, because I was nice and warm whole putting the dash trim back together.

Switched off for a few minutes, and when I started it again the heater controls were dead. Stayed that way through multiple restarts. I take it I should try disconnecting the battery again?

Can anyone explain why that works? What's going wrong?

Also, I have two screws left over from putting the dash back together.

They're different to all but one - the one under the steering column - and are shorter with a much wider thread that looks like it's for plastic. Any ideas? I couldn't see any empty screw holes.

Comment

Right, done that. First time I started the car, it worked perfectly. The heater controls and heated seats were definitely working, because I was nice and warm whole putting the dash trim back together.

Switched off for a few minutes, and when I started it again the heater controls were dead. Stayed that way through multiple restarts. I take it I should try disconnecting the battery again?

Can anyone explain why that works? What's going wrong?

Also, I have two screws left over from putting the dash back together.

They're different to all but one - the one under the steering column - and are shorter with a much wider thread that looks like it's for plastic. Any ideas? I couldn't see any empty screw holes.
                    Can you test your battery. Insignias hate failing batteries.

Past that someone should be able to help. Proves that things do work thou.

Comment

Most entertaining thread I've read in a while, got a good laugh out of it! Thanks RBH MattG and marko301
                      2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                      honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Can you test your battery. Insignias hate failing batteries
                        This is the kind of thing I get stuck on. Do I just stick a voltmeter on it, the same way I would with an old car? Or is there some new way?

If Insignia don't like failing batteries, why tf didn't they add a toy which tells you? Oh, hang on, is that what the power tailgate is for? The manual says it won't open if the battery is a bit low...

Comment

This is the kind of thing I get stuck on. Do I just stick a voltmeter on it, the same way I would with an old car? Or is there some new way?

If Insignia don't like failing batteries, why tf didn't they add a toy which tells you? Oh, hang on, is that what the power tailgate is for? The manual says it won't open if the battery is a bit low...
                          Need someone with more experience than me

Comment

Need someone with more experience than me
                            That's ok, I can't find the multimeter anyway

Comment

Could be battery related. Could be a broken/ pinched wire hopefully the former.

Comment

Hello MR BAS .stick your multimeter across once it's come out of hiding.
                                Reason behind disconnecting the battery is so alll electrical systems are powered down completely bit like putting the cars electronics into an induced coma .re-sets everything.
                                As you are probably finding, modern day electric tricks on cars are not at all simple to work on and confusing to understand.
                                If you are finding that by doing the disconnecting trick brings everything back to life , then it seems to me it's an electronic module that is not happy .
                                I would ( and this is my thaught only so don't quote me on it ) suggest it's the body control module.
                                But as I say that's my thaught only .

.K.M.P.C.U
                                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                                X