No announcement yet.

Few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway will let you know on Monday after I've had mine done----will ask the lad doing it if he removes the wheel and driveshaft to do the job---been trying to find the Russian youtube just to check again------Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
      This fella doing it on the road takes his wheel and driveshaft out----just been looking at another Russian video where they don't remove the wheel/driveshaft----it looks like that they just unbolt the intermediate shaft bearing housing support bracket[3 bolts] and just swing it out the way---then remove the 2 bolts holding the cat converter support bracket--plus all the other parts that need to be removed before the sump can come off----sorry the video is in Russian and no I don't speak Russian---its on the same page as this video is on-----might save a bit of time doing it this way-------Dave
      Yes you have to release the intermediate bearing but that doesn’t give any space, it’s attached to the sump the same as the dpf

Comment

Anyway will let you know on Monday after I've had mine done----will ask the lad doing it if he removes the wheel and driveshaft to do the job---been trying to find the Russian youtube just to check again------Dave
        Well I went over to see Frank today @MB Motors----he done my oil pick up seal---replaced oil and filter along with a new seal---mine was showing some hardness--he has to remove the drive shaft/wishbone and steering arm ball joint and the immediate shaft along with the gearbox oil---loosened the exhaust off--removed several other parts just to make the job easier--he even had to drill the gearbox to get at the 2 hidden bolts for the sump--mines a 63 plate and I thought it would have the cutouts but no---seems its common on all insignias.well he had the job done in no time all cleaned down and checked out---no oil leaks and even stamped the service book---it was well worth the trip down to see Frank---top man who knows his Vauxhalls---took him less than a couple of hours--only bad think it nearly pissed down all morning---if you are concerned about your seal then a trip to this lad might be in your interest-----DaveClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190909_103059.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	243574Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190909_103141.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	243575Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190909_103207.jpg
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	243576

Comment

Well I went over to see Frank today @MB Motors----he done my oil pick up seal---replaced oil and filter along with a new seal---mine was showing some hardness--he has to remove the drive shaft/wishbone and steering arm ball joint and the immediate shaft along with the gearbox oil---loosened the exhaust off--removed several other parts just to make the job easier--he even had to drill the gearbox to get at the 2 hidden bolts for the sump--mines a 63 plate and I thought it would have the cutouts but no---seems its common on all insignias.well he had the job done in no time all cleaned down and checked out---no oil leaks and even stamped the service book---it was well worth the trip down to see Frank---top man who knows his Vauxhalls---took him less than a couple of hours--only bad think it nearly pissed down all morning---if you are concerned about your seal then a trip to this lad might be in your interest-----Dave[ATTACH=CONFIG]2109[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2110[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2111[/ATTACH]
          peace of mind now dave
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Can see another My15 getting done shortly Dave . Think I'd have it done if had those engines.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
              Can see another My15 getting done shortly Dave . Think I'd have it done if had those engines.
              its been on my mind a lot lately
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Dave -Frank really is a nice bloke and knows what he is talking about---took time out to show me one or two things to look out for on the Insignia--he even has customers that have come from abroad to use him--Spain/Ireland and others. what we really need in our lives is a big garage/unit with a car lift/ramps --its that what makes the job a whole lot easier---none of this lying around on the bottom---at least its now done and one thing less to worry about-----Dave

Comment

You've got me worried now. Have two holidays coming up, so can't do mine until late October early November that'll be a couple thou miles.. MY63 59,000 m on the clock. Will have to keep my fingers crossed.
                  Doesn't it give any warning at all?
                  Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
                    You've got me worried now. Have two holidays coming up, so can't do mine until late October early November that'll be a couple thou miles.. MY63 59,000 m on the clock. Will have to keep my fingers crossed.
                    Doesn't it give any warning at all?
                    Sometimes comes up ..low oil pressure stop engine,but more often than not,its too late,bottom end gone.

Comment

Changed my seal at 189,000 miles first time.... was in pretty bad condition ......car still going at 228,000 miles...... nothing to panic about.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                        Sometimes comes up ..low oil pressure stop engine,but more often than not,its too late,bottom end gone.
                        Fingers crossed.
                        Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

I think by the time it does give you a warning then you know it's either do or die.but with the insignia I owned it only flashed up low oil pressure.on frosty mornings.but I still used it .
                          Mad some people may think.but I knew the car was being part ex .
                          I think there should be more places like the garage Dave went to
                          He's got so good at it he been able to do it in a couple of hours and so pass the savings into the customer.and help keep these cars on the road.. from what's going on the forum I'm on . the same issue is affecting the TTID ( or the insignia equivalent the Bi turbo)same engine different badge. where in the past the TIID use to have oil light staying on from cold so oil pressure switch was replaced.but now they are starting to replace the seal.

.K.M.P.C.U
                          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by umfaan View Post
                            Changed my seal at 189,000 miles first time.... was in pretty bad condition ......car still going at 228,000 miles...... nothing to panic about.
                            Think its the luck of the draw,,a 14 plate biturbo with full vx service history went down the tubes last week through this issue...70k on clock

Comment

Originally posted by umfaan View Post
                              Thanks.
                              Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                                Think its the luck of the draw,,a 14 plate biturbo with full vx service history went down the tubes last week through this issue...70k on clock
                                Ohh that's shocking Dave----trouble is its always going to be in the back of your mind---that's why I had mine done----here is a picture that Frank posted on facebook of me leaving---car looks quite clean after travelling over 100 miles in the rain---thing with Frank too is that he is an avid Vauxhall fan-----DaveClick image for larger version

Name:	my insignia.jpg
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	243578

Comment

Working...
                                X