Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow Plug and DPF issues !

Hi all i have a issue atm

i have had the service vehicle soon on car for a long time now as i was over due a service for a long time (dont tell me i know services are important its the only car not serviced as soon as its needed just for some reason i let the services on this slip) last week it went in to limp mode and had RAC come out to diagnose blocked DPF filter so he forced a DPF regeneration on it and worked fine after as i had the service parts in garage and had them their a bit ..... had my mechanic over road do me the service day after which brought up some new issues like last garage to service the insignia had rounded lump plug off and needed two new tyers which annoyed me, after we managed to service it oil, oil filter and fuel and air filters reset service vehicle soon message next day went out in car to get new tyres fitted and service light poped up again so today he's scand it and error codes below came up

2011 2.0 insignia 53,000 miles

Error codes are:-

P0671 - current
    Cylinder 1 Glow Plug Control
    Circuit

P0672 - current
    Cylinder Glow Plug Control
    Circuit

P0673 - current
    Cylinder 3 Glow Plug Control
    Circuit

P0674 - pass and failed
    Cylinder 4 Glow Plug Control
    Circuit

is this the relay or the plugs, lucky looks like the cheaper of the glow plugs but still. what can we do to check which it is is there a way to test the glow plug relay, the guy over road works on landrovers mainly so hes not keyed up on vauxhalls.

Thanks all.

also my DPF is a 72% as it wont regenerate unless the plugs are working correctly i presume so i need to sort this as dont want limp mode to come back on like it did other day.

I would replace all 4 glowplugs ,clear the codes and go from there
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      Ditto, just pray that you've got the cheap plugs and not the stupidly expensive ones

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
        Originally posted by Dakelly112 View Post
        Ditto, just pray that you've got the cheap plugs and not the stupidly expensive ones
        Forgot to say to the glow plug (connector) on the multimeter were only getting 10v not the full 12v is this normal?

And lucky they look like the cheaper ones

Comment

Got 4 new NGK Glow Plugs, just need to get them fitted, does anyone know the torque on the glow plugs when fitting?

Comment

Should say on the pack the glow plugs came in, from memory it is very low torque about 7Nm
            be sure to use a 1/4" torque wrench with deep sockets, also don't add any grease to the threads or this will cause damage to the thread when you go to torque them

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
              Should say on the pack the glow plugs came in, from memory it is very low torque about 7Nm
              be sure to use a 1/4" torque wrench with deep sockets, also don't add any grease to the threads or this will cause damage to the thread when you go to torque them
              Thanks man didn't know was on the box, thanks 4 the advice much appreciated.

Because of this error my DPF is at 97% soot at about 40 miles since last regen (was forged regend by the RAC when went in to limp mode) do you know or anyone know which my new glow plugs in should regen correctly and will it regen as its at a high percentage or does it go on mileage ? just don't want to go in to limp mode again !

thanks

Comment

mine had the same issue when one of the glow plugs failed
                test all the glow plugs by measuring the resistance (Ohms) of each plug, this can be done without removing them, this will tell you which plugs has failed or if the glow plug issue is elsewhere
                once the glow plugs are working again you will need to do a forced regen to clear the DPF and then drive as normal

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
                  mine had the same issue when one of the glow plugs failed
                  test all the glow plugs by measuring the resistance (Ohms) of each plug, this can be done without removing them, this will tell you which plugs has failed or if the glow plug issue is elsewhere
                  once the glow plugs are working again you will need to do a forced regen to clear the DPF and then drive as normal
                  Thanks, keep getting let down by my mechanic at this rate wont be getting it done any time soon. any one local to sheffield/killamarsh who can do a forced regen?

Comment

Glow plugs in no more service vehicle soon warring no errors on scan. But it's at 81% soot level now.

My guy is having trubble with getting it to do a forced dpf on his scanner he has at home its a maxidiag md808 pro but he hasn't updated it in like 4 eva so he's going to update it weekend as wont see my insignia when go to the Dpf part on scanner does not see it. But it sees my mates wife's zafira when he forced it's regen.

Fingers crossed as presume will go to limp mode before I can get it 2 do a regen

Comment

Are you near a motorway, take car for long run keep at 2500 rev's see if it regens then.
                      Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
                        Are you near a motorway, take car for long run keep at 2500 rev's see if it regens then.

Very near but don't know the circumstances that activates for regen and with my level so high 80%+ with 41miles since last regen (forced dpf regen By the rac when went in to limp mode) and don't want it to go in to limp mode wile on motorway or far from my gaff.

Comment

Sooooo did a quick forsed regen but cancels it about 20min on accident so checked level now up from 83% to 85% and now have a ecu error P0606. Ffs . With this error will it do a normal regen if can get the soot level down (thinking of getting a guy cone do a doc clean) but no point if will just block again

Comment

Ignore that new error forgot to clear it and since not come back on.

Still worried tho as no errors but don't want to waste 200 on a clean if it's not regen'ing. Any common split pipes I can check before getting someone to come.

Also been told buy z garage to stick some dpf cleaner in fuel n and run it till starts to work and if goes in to limp mode keep driving till it's lowers the soot level. That didn't found right 2vme. Any advice would be great

Comment

Had a dpf and carbon clean today see if that's the end of this current problem.

New q about my dpf clean

Comment

Working...
                              X