My insignia 09 Sri nav 130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well jell
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

• wished id gone 180 now
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

• So went from these.

To these

But had serious steering wheel Wobble and pads weren’t fully connecting with discs. Felt very spongy as well.

As you can see from pic above just outer and inner edge.

I didn’t get new pads so yesterday I got new pads and fitted them. No longer spongy and pads now hitting discs properly but still steering wheel wobble when braking above 20mph

Back to garage Wednesday to try and find issue. Hoping not warped disc.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pondy81 View Post

So went from these.

To these

But had serious steering wheel Wobble and pads weren’t fully connecting with discs. Felt very spongy as well.

As you can see from pic above just outer and inner edge.

I didn’t get new pads so yesterday I got new pads and fitted them. No longer spongy and pads now hitting discs properly but still steering wheel wobble when braking above 20mph

Back to garage Wednesday to try and find issue. Hoping not warped disc.
          Sounds like it's possibly a warped disc,

Was the face of the hub and rear of disc cleaned prior to fitting? as any small bit of debris will cause the disc to not run true.

If it's a warp then discs can be refaced on the car not sure on price but would be cheaper than a new pair of discs.

Very nice looking upgrade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
            Sounds like it's possibly a warped disc,

Was the face of the hub and rear of disc cleaned prior to fitting? as any small bit of debris will cause the disc to not run true.

If it's a warp then discs can be refaced on the car not sure on price but would be cheaper than a new pair of discs.

Very nice looking upgrade.
            Yeah warped discs. Like burning money at the moment [emoji85] new discs ordered. Back in garage on Friday.
            sigpic

Comment

Like burning money at the moment [emoji85]

Comment

• Look nice though

Comment

Yeah warped discs. Like burning money at the moment [emoji85] new discs ordered. Back in garage on Friday.
                  Ouch expensive day.

Comment

• Wow brakes are finally fixed. But now got a slight steering wheel wobble when I hit 70 so something next to get sorted!

Plus today. My roof spoiler did a disappearing act... poxy car

Managed to get all the glue off but just have the scratch marks left on window.

sigpic

Comment

• Glad the brakes are fixed! Where did you lose your spoiler #shocked.

I wobbles but that's just my belly when I walk.

Comment

• Not sure either while driving today. Sure it was on when parked up or someone pulled it off when I was parked at a park.
                        sigpic

Comment

• So this happened tonight... red dials. More vxr looking . About 5hp added!

Thanks to karl aka Unilteral
                          sigpic

Comment

• Had a big cleaning session today but ran out of time .

Started off with citrus pre wash and snow foam combo

Then used reigning iron fallout remover

Then a clay mit wash.

I then got my das 6 pro out and used meguirs 105 / 205 combo to get some of the swirls / scratches out. In all honesty could do with another going over but not the time today.

I then used a sealant and then had to sit down [emoji23]

This is it now and will need to wax it tomorrow

sigpic

Comment

• I’m done!

sigpic

Comment

• So vxr conversion is finally complete.

Gear stick gaitor now added with VXR white stitching.

Car when I first got it

Now

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X