Pulsating Accerlation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulsating Accerlation

When accelerating or pulling hard the engine is pulsating as if a valve is open and closing and not allowing proper boost. Also had check vehicle soon and code was for an overboost and into limp mode it went. Been told a few causes just wondered if anyone has same problem. The car runs properly and there is plenty of power just this pulsating when pulling hard any help would be much appreciated.

Could be the vacuum/boost solenoid that's on the slam panel?

Comment

EGR valve would be my guess.

Comment

Only way would be to get its codes read again and see what happens. Only way I can think to test will just throw up error codes

Comment

Sorry bit late been so busy but thanks for reply been told by our mechanic at work it the turbo actuator which equals new turbo ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by snapshot11 View Post
            Sorry bit late been so busy but thanks for reply been told by our mechanic at work it the turbo actuator which equals new turbo ouch.
            Without knowing your engine, I would not think your turbo is the problem. The actuator may need replacement, but I doubt it, the symptoms do not point to the requirement for a new actuator or turbo. EGR valve problems will give sharp pulses through clutch and vibration on acceleration.

Comment

Working...
            X