Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyway to lower passenger seat?

As the title says

Front passenger doesn't have the comfort part.

I have my drivers seat as low as it goes, so when the wife sits in the passenger seat, she's a bit higher up which is a bit annoying more than anything.

A very minor issue,

But is there anyway to modify the seat base or rails or something so that it sits a bit lower? Not looking to have it adjustable or anything, simply stuck in place, but lower!?

Cheers!

What spec is your car?,i'm sure it may depend on model/spec.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Does it only slide back and forth?no lever or button on the side?
      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

It definitely doesn't have anything to lower the seat with. Whoever got the car new must not have including it when speccing the car. I was hoping of some way to mod it lower. Even if that meant it was just stuck in place lower.

Comment

Sorry........

get divorced and marry a smaller wife...
          sigpic

Comment

Cut a hole in seat. Lol

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by Logosgil View Post
              Sorry........

get divorced and marry a smaller wife...
              You're a braver man than I am for suggesting that....

Comment

Make her get the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                  Make her get the bus.

I'll maybe just remove the seat when I've got a few hours one day and see what I can figure out.

There must be a way somehow. I've no idea how the seat is mounted onto the rails etc, could even take the mounts off the seat and move them further up inside the seat or something? Who knows!

Anyone ever taken a front seat out before? Any tips on how it's put together?

Comment

Originally posted by troublednoodle View Post

I'll maybe just remove the seat when I've got a few hours one day and see what I can figure out.

There must be a way somehow. I've no idea how the seat is mounted onto the rails etc, could even take the mounts off the seat and move them further up inside the seat or something? Who knows!

Anyone ever taken a front seat out before? Any tips on how it's put together?
                    Job sorted put her in the boot

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Well plenty of ideas there,such s helpful site.
                      sigpic

Comment

exclusiv. sriray Pondy81 They may be able to help you. They've all changed their seats in the past.

Can't you just higher yours to the highest level then tell her you managed to lower hers.
                        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                          exclusiv. sriray Pondy81 They may be able to help you. They've all changed their seats in the past.

Can't you just higher yours to the highest level then tell her you managed to lower hers.
                          I would end up with a sore neck driving along with my head at 90 degrees...

Well these are all certainly solutions I guess... my favourite is just cutting a hole in the seat.

Comment

Sorry can’t help, changed the seats over a few times and thought they all had the option to be lowered or raised.

Good luck on trying to mod it.
                            sigpic

Comment

I would not attempt to modify the seat at all, in the event of a crash it could end up badly in a modified seat that's not done correctly.

Comment

Working...
                              X