No announcement yet.

Mileage Vs age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remap will improve the towing capabilities, no end.. Mine is standard, managed to pull a boat with an outboard last Sunday no probs at all
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Well guys. It goes in tomorrow
      The ECU comes off. The most up to date GM map is out on then it is re tuned. They seem fairly confident of 40bhp and 80 nm of torque. Anything anywhere near that and I will be ecstatic
      £266 all in and it takes a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
        Well guys. It goes in tomorrow
        The ECU comes off. The most up to date GM map is out on then it is re tuned. They seem fairly confident of 40bhp and 80 nm of torque. Anything anywhere near that and I will be ecstatic
        £266 all in and it takes a day.

All the remaps I found gave around that figure. Did see some which brought the hp to 210 and torque to 420 but I felt that would put to much strain on the engine and gearbox. My map was 50 extra bhp and 50 extra torque leaving me at 190 bhp and 400 torque. Mine took a hour and half to do and involved the ECU out.

Mines a ecoflex model and there is certainly more power compared to when I got it stock though I kinda wish it was faster of the mark. I believe this is due to the longer gearing.

As in previous cars which I've had remapped they generally went like stink where this feels more refined and more power especially at 70+ mph.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
          All the remaps I found gave around that figure. Did see some which brought the hp to 210 and torque to 420 but I felt that would put to much strain on the engine and gearbox. My map was 50 extra bhp and 50 extra torque leaving me at 190 bhp and 400 torque. Mine took a hour and half to do and involved the ECU out.

Mines a ecoflex model and there is certainly more power compared to when I got it stock though I kinda wish it was faster of the mark. I believe this is due to the longer gearing.

As in previous cars which I've had remapped they generally went like stink where this feels more refined and more power especially at 70+ mph.
          Mine is a 170 to start with so it is going to end up at 200 one way or the other.
          It is never going to set off like a sports car as it is too heavy but i am sure it is going to more than hold it’s own and the mid range grunt will be lovely

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
            Mine is a 170 to start with so it is going to end up at 200 one way or the other.
            It is never going to set off like a sports car as it is too heavy but i am sure it is going to more than hold it’s own and the mid range grunt will be lovely
            Tbh I always kicked myself when I purchased my insignia. I wished I had purchased a 170 model.

It was the elite I have now over a SRI.

Let us know how you find the difference. Out of curiosity who's doing the remap?

Comment

Tbh I always kicked myself when I purchased my insignia. I wished I had purchased a 170 model.

It was the elite I have now over a SRI.

Let us know how you find the difference. Out of curiosity who's doing the remap?
              Hi
              Will do
              I am using a company called M TECH in Manvers at Barnsley

They come highly recommended by a good friend who has used them several times.
              I will let you know how it feels ina couple of days when I have stretched it’s legs.

Comment

I had a 170 mapped to 205 and 450nm now got a 140 so getting that book in for a stage 2 and they say can get to 210bhp forgot the torque

Comment

Initial impressions are really good.
                  Only done about 15 miles since I picked it up but it feels strong throughout the Rev range and is much nicer to drive
                  The guy says it will take about 40 miles for the engine and ecu to properly settle in and then I will really notice the difference so I am guessing there is more to come.
                  Well pleased.

Comment

Well
                    40 miles done and they were right
                    Yet more of an improvement.
                    Sweet as a nut
                    Lots of power everywhere and willing to pull in any gear at any Revs.
                    Looking forward to an mpg test now but early indications are that it is already 2.5 mpg better

Comment

Working...
                    X